Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game ideas  (Read 1144 times)

Description:

Offline ElPolloDiablTopic starter

• Show only replies by ElPolloDiabl
Game ideas
« on: December 23, 2009, 12:13:22 AM »
If any of you are still thinking the Amiga has a future, but only if it gets heaps of driver support and software etc.

If you are going to do any big game projects a good idea would be to write the engine (sideways platform or RTS) and also write a GUI based game editor.
You can get a lot more play out of a game if players can do their own maps or levels.

I'm back on Blitz basic refreshing my skills (my skills atrophied after about 5 years away from programming, I should have kept notes.)

What other ideas can you come up with? Is their a particular theme (e.g sci-fi) you would like to see more of. What is the importance of multiplayer on a scale of 1-10?
Go Go Gadget Signature!

Offline hbarcellos

• Show only replies by hbarcellos
Re: Game ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 12:18:32 AM »
Multi player for me, it's completely useless on a non-mainstream platform. Very few ppl would bother connecting two or more computers in any way just to play an ancient game.

*PS* My dream would be: Cross coding AMOS on windows...
If Blitz Basic was source compatible.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
}~ A1200 - Apollo 68040 - HOTLY running OS 3.1
}~ Powerbook G4 1.67 running MorphOS 3.2 without Wifi.
}~ Powermac Quicksilver 933 with Radeon 9600 XT (r300) LOUDLY running MorphOS 3.2
}~ [MY iOS GAME]: http://goo.gl/S9nWB (Amiga users can get it FREE[/color], just ask me)

Offline ChaosLord

• Show only replies by ChaosLord
    • http://totalchaoseng.dbv.pl/news.php
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 12:41:01 AM »
Quote from: Fanscale;534849
If any of you are still thinking the Amiga has a future, but only if it gets heaps of driver support and software etc.

If you are going to do any big game projects a good idea would be to write the engine (sideways platform or RTS) and also write a GUI based game editor.
Been there, done that. :)  I even took it a few steps further than that.

You can get a lot more play out of a game if players can do their own maps or levels.
Of course.

What is the importance of multiplayer on a scale of 1-10?
11 or 12 :)
Wanna try a wonderfull strategy game with lots of handdrawn anims,
Magic Spells and Monsters, Incredible playability and lastability,
English speech, etc. Total Chaos AGA

Offline colin419

• Show only replies by colin419
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 02:52:59 AM »
i would love to see more sci fi games or any new games for that matter, one that im really looking forward to is (tracker hero), check it out on youtube.

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Show only replies by SamuraiCrow
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 04:56:15 AM »
Quote from: hbarcellos;534851
Multi player for me, it's completely useless on a non-mainstream platform. Very few ppl would bother connecting two or more computers in any way just to play an ancient game.

*PS* My dream would be: Cross coding AMOS on windows...
If Blitz Basic was source compatible.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Mattathias BASIC is looking like it will come to Windows first.  Now that Stefano is working on the runtime libraries.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 06:34:23 AM »
Quote from: SamuraiCrow;534874
Mattathias BASIC is looking like it will come to Windows first.  Now that Stefano is working on the runtime libraries.

I haven't checked out the progress of Mattathias lately, is it getting close to being released?

Too bad that the first release will be on Windows, but is there any chance it could be ported to MorphOS too?

I guess I will go do some snooping around to see what the latest news on Mattathias really is for myself.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Show only replies by SamuraiCrow
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 06:05:28 PM »
Re:Mattathias

Stefano is working on a second beta of his portion of the AmosPro compatible portion of it.  He's writing it in Delphi Pascal so we'll have to recompile it with FreePascal and get it working with that before it will come out for anything else.  Even then it will probably be Intel only until we can refit his code to run using the LLVM compiler underpinnings that Sidewinder and I have been working on for months.