Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jammy french bar stewards......................  (Read 3163 times)

Description:

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: Jammy french bar stewards......................
« Reply #29 from previous page: June 16, 2004, 03:56:59 PM »

KennyR wrote:
First sentence said by the English commentator after the German national anthem today:

"Oliver Khan looks pretty serious. Last time he looked like that in the German squad, England beat them 5-1 in Munich!"

WTF! That one wasn't even SUBTLE! How does that have ANYTHING to do with the match in hand! England aren't playing, and aren't even in this group! My equally subtle message to English commentators would be:

SHUT UP! WE DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR STUPID ******* 5-1 WIN *YEARS* AGO OR ANYTHING ABOUT 1966! NOBODY CARES ANY MORE! :-x

Oh, I really can't wait until England get out of this championship, I really can't... Humility is such a satisfying thing to force on boastful people. :pissed:

You are such a *****! Even though I agree with you and I also hate football with a passion that knows no bounds, this is the one time that poeple who do care get a chance to celebrate...

If it was a Scotland win (like that will ever happen) you would be creaming off about too... and I would be defending you :-P

- edited by mikeymike - language -

Offline MAD

• Show only replies by MAD
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2004, 06:10:46 PM »
Hoya!

Not sure.

There ARE a tiny number of people on this planet, like KennyR and myself, who DO hate this sport.

Honestly, whether or not France wins will NOT change my life.

I would be glad the day a French scientists team finds an HIV virus, not when France wins a cup or championship...

Anyway...

Be funky

M A D
:afro: AMIGA :afro:
- The Computer With A Soul-

Offline KennyR

• Show only replies by KennyR
    • http://wrongpla.net
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2004, 06:34:08 PM »
bloodline wrote:
Even though I agree with you and I also hate football with a passion that knows no bounds, this is the one time that poeple who do care get a chance to celebrate...

There is a difference between celebrating and never shutting the hell up. Bad winners are worse than bad losers. Imagine if someone won some game and kept talking about it every time this sport was mentioned, and even times it wasn't. For decades. You'd be a little pissed at them by then, no?

If it was a Scotland win (like that will ever happen) you would be creaming off about too... and I would be defending you

Maybe...once or twice. I wouldn't post ever week to say how great Scotland are, or pushing in a mention of Scotland's great victory whenever football, sport, or indeed spherical objects were mentioned for the next 50 years. If I do ever do this you have my sincerest permission to kill me.

I can just imagine it, a new planet discovered 20 years by now. "That moon looks like a football. Oh, this reminds me of the time when England won the world cup in 1966..."

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2004, 06:41:19 PM »

KennyR wrote:
Cyberus wrote:
"People"? You mean Scots. Its the Scots who like it when England lose. And everyone knows that this is pure jealousy as Scotland has a poor football team. ;)

More like you English never shutting up about it when you win, gloating constantly. When will English commentators ever shut up about beating Germany 5-1, far less 1966? I mean, they NEVER shut up about it! EVER!

Watching you get beaten is immensely satisfying, because we know we'll be freed from yet another round of irritating boasting and gloating and rampant self-love. When it comes to football, everybody hates the English. They are bad losers, but they're even worse winners. :-P

:lol:
no seriously, :roflmao:

"You English...." :lol:
This is all wild stereotyping and in fact racist rhetoric. You got a chip on your shoulder?

Come on, that's about as well-rounded as me saying "You Scots, with your porage-encrusted ginger beards, kilts, sporrens and tight-fists..."
How well-reasoned does that sound to you? To me its sounds bloody ridiculous. None of the Scots I ever met had porage in their beards ;-)

Here's an interesting link for you Kenny

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3801625.stm
I like Amigas

Offline KennyR

• Show only replies by KennyR
    • http://wrongpla.net
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2004, 07:38:52 PM »
@Cyberus

Regardless, the vast majority Scots don't want England to win. Not for racist reasons. Not even because your fans disgrace Britain. Not because of the tabloid-lathered jingoism. Not even out of jealousy. One reason and one reason alone: England does not know how to win gracefully. And I generalise here because this pervades every part of your society. English people who come up here to work. The English media. English people on the internet. In fact, every single part of English society I can ever know. With one notable exception: people who don't care about football at all.

If England accepted victories gracefully and didn't try to rub them in all the time and exaggerate them so much, the Scots would undoubtedly support England. But they don't so we don't.

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2004, 08:13:32 PM »
i believe the term is "Sasunn"
although i've heard it pronounced "Sa-sun-ach"
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial