Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS Wifi?  (Read 3630 times)

Description:

Offline jaesonkTopic starter

• Show only replies by jaesonk
MorphOS Wifi?
« on: March 12, 2021, 11:47:24 PM »
I recently installed MorphOS on an old 15" PowerBookG4.  The install went smoothly.

My question is about connecting to wifi.  My home network doesn't broadcast its SSID.  On other systems, I can select OTHER and enter a network name and info.  I don't see that option in the MorphOS settings.  It only offers me the visible networks.  Am I overlooking something?  Is there a way for MorphOS to connect to an invisible network?

Thanks.
Jaeson

Offline jaesonkTopic starter

• Show only replies by jaesonk
Re: MorphOS Wifi?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 03:46:55 AM »
Someone provided this link with info about using a hidden SSID with MorphOS:
https://library.morph.zone/Tips_and_Tricks#Using_WLAN_with_Hidden_SSID

Seems simple enough to mod the prefs file.  I did but my PowerBookG4 MorphOS (now fully registered) still will only connect to the network if the network is visible.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Offline pVC

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 01:00:47 PM »
Someone provided this link with info about using a hidden SSID with MorphOS:
https://library.morph.zone/Tips_and_Tricks#Using_WLAN_with_Hidden_SSID

Seems simple enough to mod the prefs file.  I did but my PowerBookG4 MorphOS (now fully registered) still will only connect to the network if the network is visible.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
This works for me still. At least when I have existing connection with a visible SSID, and then I hide it from my router prefs... and then if I add the scan_ssid=1 line to the config file in envarc: and reboot the MorphOS machine, it works then.
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.

Offline NinjaCyborg

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 08:18:23 PM »
You could unhide the SSID, connect and get it working, and then re-hide the SSID.