Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hyperion Entertainment: Update 2 for AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition released!  (Read 9154 times)

Description:

Offline TribbleSmasher

kas1e has revealed the following over at Amigaworld.net:
@All
I was told by Hyperion that I can share that news so:

Frederik (salas00) find out and fix the issue in the kernel which leads to all those disturbing issues of late, i.e. those as:

- freezing when using browsers
- mouse/stalls freezes
- networks stalls (especially on SAms)
- strange behaviors of simple mail when placing icons on wb
- issues with "priorities/tasks"
- hanging forbid on exit
- random lockups/crashes on running/exit apps
and so on.

That all will be available pretty soon in the hotfix update (i didn't know the exact date, but I assume few days or a week maximum). The hotfix will also contain some more fixes (not in the kernel area) in newlib, dox, text clip handling, etc, but the kernel one is one that is really important.

So for now those ones who have issues of such kind just switch back to the kernel from update1 and wait for a hotfix which should be out very soon.

Just we were a bit in a hurry when preparing the update (were in fear of something will happen again in the last minutes), so we were on a strict deadline and just didn't catch the small mistake which leads to such massive problems, but Frederik finds and fix so stay tuned.
https://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=44022&forum=14&start=80&viewmode=flat&order=0#838882
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 03:56:31 PM by TribbleSmasher »

The following users thanked this post: First Ninja