Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS on iBook: Left Amiga key  (Read 4117 times)

Description:

Offline Matt_HTopic starter

MorphOS on iBook: Left Amiga key
« on: September 24, 2015, 02:10:53 AM »
I feel like I should know the answer to this one, but how does one press the Left Amiga key on an iBook keyboard? Both of the Apple keys map to the Right Amiga key. The Googles are not helping in this case...

Thanks!

Offline pVC

Re: MorphOS on iBook: Left Amiga key
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 06:23:02 AM »
Quote from: Matt_H;796210
I feel like I should know the answer to this one, but how does one press the Left Amiga key on an iBook keyboard? Both of the Apple keys map to the Right Amiga key. The Googles are not helping in this case...

Thanks!

You can't, because it's a hardware limit. Those iBooks use ADB interface for keyboard, and it doesn't make difference between the left and right Apple (command) keys. You have to define new hotkeys sometimes with Amiga/MorphOS programs on it.

Some mention about the keyboard reset for example here: http://library.morph.zone/Tips_and_Tricks#Keyboard_Reboot_on_ADB_Laptops
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.

Offline Matt_HTopic starter

Re: MorphOS on iBook: Left Amiga key
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 01:13:09 PM »
Darn. I had discovered the reboot quirk but thought it was for a different reason. Mine is the very last model of iBook though, and I thought those used USB for the keyboard - Poseidon detects one, at any rate, but perhaps it's a false positive?

Any idea if it's possible to remap the key in the same way as the reboot combo?

Thanks for the help so far.