Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga-like keys Kickstarter project launched  (Read 8870 times)

Description:

Offline TheDaddyTopic starter

• Show only replies by TheDaddy
    • http://www.loriano.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
Amiga-like keys Kickstarter project launched
« on: September 06, 2015, 04:34:46 PM »
Hi everyone,

In the last few months I’ve had requests for more Amiga inspired key caps for mechanical keyboards as seen here:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=39300&forum=16

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=39261&forum=16

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=39326&forum=16

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=37729&forum=16

As you probably already know, it took me quite a long time to make them and convert them to the following languages:

Italian, French, French-Canadian, French-Belgian, dual Greek-American, Danish, Swedish/Finnish, German, Spanish, Russian, Serbian-Latin, American (both ANSI and ISO standards).

So this Kickstarter campaign is for all of you who for a reason or another haven’t had a chance to get a set during the X500 Evo campaign but also for anyone who already has a set and would like a spare one or for retailers…basically everyone…:)

The keys come in the usual Amiga-like colour combination; White and Beige but you can also pledge for the all Black one, the new White and Dark Grey, any of the colours below or even a combination of:

White, Beige, Dark Grey, Orange, Green, Lilac, Yellow, Pink, Red, Light Blue.

To spicy things you can even have your own, single key made on any of the above coloured caps, so, for example, you’d like to get the picture of a cat, a penguin, a banana, your face, your pet on a single key in white, black or full colour, just send me the drawing and I’ll do my best to print it on a single key for you.

You need to have permission to use whatever you send me or it must be your original design.

I've always enjoy getting input and suggestions and allow people to get involved so a few Limited Editions will be made based on your preference for colours/design.

Pledge for the Limited Edition sets (AROS and MorphOS, more Limited Editions sets will be available later; A-EON, Hyperion's AmigaOS, ACube Systems etc...) and you will participate with suggestions regarding the look, design and colour combination which will be unique to each Limited key caps set. Once all the suggestions have been collected and the design finalised and agreed on they will be made.

And finally if you also want a full size mechanical keyboard with your full set already applied, ready to enjoy then just head towards one of the available pledges.

So if you want a set in your language layout, a spare set in your language layout for your second keyboard or a spare set for your X500 Evo this is the time to go to my Kickstarter page and pledge.

I aim to have them all delivered to you by November. Please be patient...it's a lot of work. :)

To summarise:

New batch of key caps (as cheap as they can possibly be).
In your language layout.
New colours to choose from.
Multiple buys are allowed.
Limited Editions using your input/suggestions.
Full size mechanical keyboards with the key caps already applied, ready to enjoy.
Single key loveliness.

Thank you.

Re: Amiga-like keys Kickstarter project launched
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 03:58:25 PM »
Amedia Computer have expressed interest in seeing an Amedia Computer Limited Edition.

Red and white colour combination.

I'll create the reward tonight and anyone interested can post suggestions on the Kickstarter page.

Offline wrath of khan

• Show only replies by wrath of khan
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 07:36:34 PM »
Are not the A1200 case guys also planning to do this in a kickstarter quite soon or concurrently with their new case campaign.
I wonder if there's room for two similar kickstarters?

Offline IanP

• Show only replies by IanP
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 03:34:04 AM »
This Kickstarter is for "Amiga like"/next generation system keys/keyboards (there may be some rare classic keyboards that will take the Cherry MX style keycaps but I'm not certain).

The kickstarter Philippe Lang is planning will focus (mainly) on keycaps/keyboards for classic Amigas to match the new Amiga 1200 case colours.

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 06:49:42 AM »
@wrath of khan

IanP is right, these are keys which you  (or I could do it for you if you are interested in a USB mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX switches) put on top of the Cherry MX switches.

In 2012-13 I copied each Amiga key (font, symbol, character etc...) with a vernier...(sad I know) :)

And made a blueprint (U.K. layout).
Then during the following months I converted it to other languages:

USA (ANSI and ISO)
German
Italian
French
French-Belgian
French-Canadian
Swedish
Finnish
Norwegian
Spanish
Russian
Serbian(Latin)
Greek-American (dual)
Danish

I'm now working on a French-Swiss layout which will be added.

So if you have a system (PC, iMac, Amiga, AmigaNG, AROS/MOS boxes, FPGA machine etc...) with USB ports and want a mechanical keyboard (they are amazing) with identical (pretty much) keys to an Amiga keyboard this is the way to do it... :)

The Kickstarter also offers new colour keys.

So your imagination, as the say, is the limitation.

You can combine coloured keys and make something special...

This is a small Kickstarter to offer the chance to get a full set (at a reasonable cost), a single key or a complete mechanical keyboard before I launch the next and final one...the X500 to end all X500 cases...

The X500 Pro... ;)

Offline candyman

• Show only replies by candyman
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 02:41:45 PM »
Mhm...Two kickstarter campaigns and neither of the two is what I'm looking for: A1200 replacement keyboard with cherry switches.

The one of Lorenzo is for a standard PC keyboard (#12 F-keys) with cherry switches, the one by Philippe is for standard Amiga keyboard (#10 F-keys) but with rubberdome keys... :|

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 08:56:29 PM »
Sorry about that.

I'm taking care of the new machines although I'm pretty sure you can connect a mechanical keyboard to an Amiga with USB ports?! (never done it myself so I could be wrong).

These are a pretty much identical replica of the original keys, they come in over 13 language layouts and I'll be adding French-Swiss and Turkish soon.

You can get creative and have different colour combinations too.

You can get them as a set of keys or complete of mechanical keyboard.

My aim is to offer them at the lowest price possible for people with NG Amigas, MOS/AROS boxes, Linux, PCs and Macs users, FPGA hardware and emulators.

This is also a way for people looking forward to my next project (the X500 Pro) to grab a set for it.

Offline candyman

• Show only replies by candyman
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 09:58:16 PM »
Hello Lorenzo, I don't have doubt that your campaign is very good.
Anyway I'd like a mechanical replacement keyboard to put inside my A1200: for this reason I need it to be the same shape of the original one... :)

Offline Yasu

• Show only replies by Yasu
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 01:49:41 AM »
Sadly, these keyboards doesn't work out of the box with MorphOS for some reason. I did eventually find a workaround but it might be off putting for some:

https://morphosuser.wordpress.com/2014/08/02/changing-some-keys/

Offline xboxOwn

• Show only replies by xboxOwn
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 04:36:06 AM »
Quote from: TheDaddy;795112
Hi everyone,

In the last few months I’ve had requests for more Amiga inspired key caps for mechanical keyboards as seen here:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=39300&forum=16

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=39261&forum=16

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=39326&forum=16

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=37729&forum=16

As you probably already know, it took me quite a long time to make them and convert them to the following languages:

Italian, French, French-Canadian, French-Belgian, dual Greek-American, Danish, Swedish/Finnish, German, Spanish, Russian, Serbian-Latin, American (both ANSI and ISO standards).

So this Kickstarter campaign is for all of you who for a reason or another haven’t had a chance to get a set during the X500 Evo campaign but also for anyone who already has a set and would like a spare one or for retailers…basically everyone…:)

The keys come in the usual Amiga-like colour combination; White and Beige but you can also pledge for the all Black one, the new White and Dark Grey, any of the colours below or even a combination of:

White, Beige, Dark Grey, Orange, Green, Lilac, Yellow, Pink, Red, Light Blue.

To spicy things you can even have your own, single key made on any of the above coloured caps, so, for example, you’d like to get the picture of a cat, a penguin, a banana, your face, your pet on a single key in white, black or full colour, just send me the drawing and I’ll do my best to print it on a single key for you.

You need to have permission to use whatever you send me or it must be your original design.

I've always enjoy getting input and suggestions and allow people to get involved so a few Limited Editions will be made based on your preference for colours/design.

Pledge for the Limited Edition sets (AROS and MorphOS, more Limited Editions sets will be available later; A-EON, Hyperion's AmigaOS, ACube Systems etc...) and you will participate with suggestions regarding the look, design and colour combination which will be unique to each Limited key caps set. Once all the suggestions have been collected and the design finalised and agreed on they will be made.

And finally if you also want a full size mechanical keyboard with your full set already applied, ready to enjoy then just head towards one of the available pledges.

So if you want a set in your language layout, a spare set in your language layout for your second keyboard or a spare set for your X500 Evo this is the time to go to my Kickstarter page and pledge.

I aim to have them all delivered to you by November. Please be patient...it's a lot of work. :)

To summarise:

New batch of key caps (as cheap as they can possibly be).
In your language layout.
New colours to choose from.
Multiple buys are allowed.
Limited Editions using your input/suggestions.
Full size mechanical keyboards with the key caps already applied, ready to enjoy.
Single key loveliness.

Thank you.

I want to buy a new AROS x86 machine and put it in an Amiga keyboard. The AROS machine will have GeForce 8800GST I believe in it. Would I be able to fit an x86 motherboard, GeForce 8800 card and a Wifi key in this Amiga like keyboard? If the answer is yes, I want an aros layout keyboard with AROS logos on this case instead of the A key that is represented in the Amiga key. I want in the case instead of saying Amiga, it says AROS (sticker if possible) and would like the power LED to be blue and the HDD LED to be white. If I want such configuration how much such case would cost me and would it be possible?

Thanks in advance.

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 05:26:33 AM »
The keys are for ANY mechanical keyboard which uses Cherry MX switches so you don't have to get a Ducky keyboard, there are other makes out there. :)

Regarding MOS not fully working with the Ducky keyboards that must be a driver issue.
Ducky keyboards work fine under Windows, Linux, OSX, AmigaOS4 and that is the reason why I offer the keyboards with the keys as they are an excellent, solid, high quality product.

Offline xboxOwn

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2015, 06:02:39 AM »
Quote from: TheDaddy;795294
The keys are for ANY mechanical keyboard which uses Cherry MX switches so you don't have to get a Ducky keyboard, there are other makes out there. :)

Regarding MOS not fully working with the Ducky keyboards that must be a driver issue.
Ducky keyboards work fine under Windows, Linux, OSX, AmigaOS4 and that is the reason why I offer the keyboards with the keys as they are an excellent, solid, high quality product.

Hey TheDaddy, I know you completely did not answer my question at all (aint sure if you ignored me or not). However, I am going to try again with a different question. If I want to order such keyboard and wish to have power LED blue and HDD activity LED to be white combination with a default color that matches the Amga case color and keyboard keys color how much would it cost? Where can I order such case? Can I fit a GeForce 88000 video card and a WiFi card? Can I use a normal standard x86 motherboard to fit it in there? Can I fit a normal 3.5" SATA HDD in there, plus the power supply?

Thanks in advance.

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2015, 06:55:58 AM »
Hello xboxOwn,

Not ignoring you at all...just getting ready to go to work so I'll quickly answer your questions:

This is a small Kickstarter campaign to raise enough money in order to offer sets of key caps nearly identical to the original Amiga ones for mechanical keyboards with Cherry MX switches. The Kickstarter campaign also offers complete mech keyboards with the keys, lots of options there for you to choose from.

Regarding the other project:

The X500 Pro will be the final version of the X500 series (previous ones X500 Plus with a chiclet keyboard and X500 Evo with a mechanical keyboard and Amiga keys).

The X500 Pro will be a revised and much improved version of the X500 Evo.

Advantages:

- Everything will be positioned in the base of the case - no wires going from the cover to the motherboard.

LEDs moved to the right - choice of LED colours

Support for full size, dual slot graphics cards (not low profile, single slot anymore) up to 17-18cm in length like the ATI Radeon 285 compact 256bit or GeForce GTX760 to give you an example.

Support for power supply from 150-500W so not limited to the picoPSU (80w-160W) anymore.

Support for 2.5" SATA SSD (HDD).

And many more improvements.

More info soon but I need to complete this key caps project first. :)

Thanks!

Offline xboxOwn

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2015, 07:13:55 AM »
Quote from: TheDaddy;795298
Hello xboxOwn,

Not ignoring you at all...just getting ready to go to work so I'll quickly answer your questions:

This is a small Kickstarter campaign to raise enough money in order to offer sets of key caps nearly identical to the original Amiga ones for mechanical keyboards with Cherry MX switches. The Kickstarter campaign also offers complete mech keyboards with the keys, lots of options there for you to choose from.

Regarding the other project:

The X500 Pro will be the final version of the X500 series (previous ones X500 Plus with a chiclet keyboard and X500 Evo with a mechanical keyboard and Amiga keys).

The X500 Pro will be a revised and much improved version of the X500 Evo.

Advantages:

- Everything will be positioned in the base of the case - no wires going from the cover to the motherboard.

LEDs moved to the right - choice of LED colours

Support for full size, dual slot graphics cards (not low profile, single slot anymore) up to 17-18cm in length like the ATI Radeon 285 compact 256bit or GeForce GTX760 to give you an example.

Support for power supply from 150-500W so not limited to the picoPSU (80w-160W) anymore.

Support for 2.5" SATA SSD (HDD).

And many more improvements.

More info soon but I need to complete this key caps project first. :)

Thanks!

Are you telling me I can fit such monstrosity inside that case?! O_O I want your case, man! I want it! THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!! Ok...when it comes to ordering it, is there a website where I can order this? You haven't planned yet how much would it cost? The choice of LED colors I want is blue for power and white for HDD activity...they compliment each other a lot...and they look super cool!

You said here and I quote "Support for 2.5" SATA SSD (HDD)." What if someone wants a normal HDD size and mechanical and not SSD for cheap and for huge space? Can that still fit in the case?

Thanks in advance.

http://international.download.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/images/nvidia-geforce-gtx-760/nvidia-geforce-gtx-760-asus.png

Honestly when I want to order your case I want these two preinstalled in the case (it is a must that it get installed):

« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 07:22:48 AM by xboxOwn »