Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Free the Apollo boards datas online petition: sign it!  (Read 16530 times)

Description:

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by B00tDisk
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
Re: Free the Apollo boards datas online petition: sign it!
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2012, 04:04:41 PM »
Quote from: Heiroglyph;689965
Sorry to bring the thread back on topic... ;)

What would be considered "enough"?

Is it the binaries, the source or replacement parts?

He might feel that source and schematics could raise up a competitor.

Binary files or selling pre-programmed parts might be a better angle if you just want your existing cards up and running.

You might also consider a bounty proposal to reimburse him on his investment.

I don't feel confident that an unfocused "give us everything for free" approach is going to get very far.

Let me ask you something: do you recall an old, old ooooooooold thread on aw.net posted by someone who asked Thomas Dellert(sp) if he'd sell the plans for the DCE PPC cards?  Yeah, he said $250,000.  That was probably motivated by nothing but spite.  Jens has a vested interest in burying the Apollo cards above and beyond being a snarky dick about it.  So...I'd say it ain't never gonna happen.
Back away from the EU-SSR!

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2012, 04:26:01 PM »
Quote from: Heiroglyph;689965
Sorry to bring the thread back on topic... ;)

What would be considered "enough"?

Is it the binaries, the source or replacement parts?

He might feel that source and schematics could raise up a competitor.

Binary files or selling pre-programmed parts might be a better angle if you just want your existing cards up and running.

You might also consider a bounty proposal to reimburse him on his investment.

I don't feel confident that an unfocused "give us everything for free" approach is going to get very far.

Enough would be a components list, the complete board layout (all layers), any manufacturing tips that might prove essential, programming information for any programmable logic, all necessary software sources, and any other information necessary to create new functional boards.

In a word, a lot.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline XanxiTopic starter

• Show only replies by Xanxi
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2012, 05:19:31 PM »
Quote from: Piru;689959
France Will Simply Have to Swallow Anglobalization of Common Language

Interesting article from the Wall Street Journal.
However, if we do learn and speak english, there is no need to abandon french. French is still a language for educated people around the world. Just see how Henry Kissinger / Tony Blair / Johnny Depp (to choose three random examples) prove their intelligence and culture when they can speak fluent french on TV. And if that's not enough, think of the Merovingian from Matrix :D
Latin should be the language for very educated people. Not to mention the Ancient Greek for extremely educated people. :)

About those Apollo, a first step would be to have the CPLD code to program MACH chips. The schematics would be even better. The primary objective is just to be able to repair our boards if necessary.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 05:23:23 PM by Xanxi »
10 Classic Amiga Computers so far: I have too many computers!!

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2012, 05:47:45 PM »
Quote from: Xanxi;689984
About those Apollo, a first step would be to have the CPLD code to program MACH chips. The schematics would be even better. The primary objective is just to be able to repair our boards if necessary.

Well I've always found the French to be xenophobic and somewhat arrogant.
And they share my government's unsettling willingness to sell arms to dangerous countries.
But then, I guess we're more similar then I like to think about.
In fact, if it wasn't for the King the French decided to behead, our own revolution would not have been successful.

On the CPLD code, without that the device could not be built.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline XanxiTopic starter

• Show only replies by Xanxi
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2012, 06:08:39 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;689985
Well I've always found the French to be xenophobic and somewhat arrogant.
And they share my government's unsettling willingness to sell arms to dangerous countries.
But then, I guess we're more similar then I like to think about.
In fact, if it wasn't for the King the French decided to behead, our own revolution would not have been successful.

French are proud and independant but not arrogant, and certainly no more xenophobic than any other people around the world. Some would say that USA are arrogant, racist and imperialist. However i don't, because i am educated enough to know american history and key figures from George Washington and Benjamin Franklin to Henry Kissinger to understand the heart of Americans and even sometimes feel like one of them (actually i do admire a lot Abraham Lincoln but really despise Kissinger).
And this goes for any other country including Jens Schoenfeld's Germany ;)

I agree that it is a shame that France sells weapons to any other country.
10 Classic Amiga Computers so far: I have too many computers!!

Offline desiv

• Show only replies by desiv
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2012, 06:51:49 PM »
Quote from: Xanxi;689987
Some would say that USA are arrogant, racist and imperialist.
Um..  er..  (looking around the news websites)..  uh...
However i don't, because i am educated enough to know american history...
OK...  then...  Sounds good...   ;)

I love my country..  but we can be a little arrogant, racist and imperialist at times...  Although I think the media (I'm not saying intentionally) amplifies it.  When I watch the news, I get mad at us; and I like us..  ;-)

But we mean well...  ;-)
Well, some of us..

I agree getting at least some MACH 131's from Jens would be great.  But I just don't see it...

Besides, he's German!  I've seen those German's on TV, they're terrible!
(KIDDING!!!  KIDDING!!!!)

desiv
Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1230/28 - 4G CF, MAS Player, ext floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 500 w/ 2M CHIP and 8M FAST RAM, DCTV, AEHD floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 1000 w/ 4M FAST RAM, DUAL CF hard drives, external floppy.

Offline yssing

• Show only replies by yssing
    • http://www.yssing.org
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2012, 07:12:43 PM »
I am so sorry that I am not as educated as the french, I only speak 3 languages and understand more, but french is not one of them. I guess I must be under educated then.

By the way, Jens decide what he wants with his own stuff and I for one, wont sign this petition.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 07:15:14 PM by yssing »

Offline _ThEcRoW

• Show only replies by _ThEcRoW
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2012, 09:35:53 PM »
If you don't know french, you are uneducated?
Amiga 1200 desktop. Apollo 030/50 Mhz 8mb ram + ClassicWB + Wb 3.1
Amiga 500 + ACA500Plus + 16gb CF | ECS Power!!!
C64 DTV + Keyboard mod. Waiting for a 1541 disk ve...
Mac Mini G4 1.42Ghz 1gb OSX(tiger)/Morphos 3.7 Registered
C64mini + usb drive with loads of games...

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2012, 09:56:22 PM »
Some would say that USA are arrogant, racist and imperialist.

*SIGHS*

I *REALLY* wish people would stop using the words "racist" and "racism." There's *NO* such thing. We're *ALL* the same frakking "race"! Homo Sapien. There are different *ETHNIC* groups and therefore, there's *ETHNIC* hate.

And no offense, but *EVERY* Country has people mired in ethnic hatred.....

:mad:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 01:00:10 AM by Methuselas »
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2012, 10:59:55 PM »
Whats this? another french revolution? be realistic, french is a unusefull language for a big percent on planet earth, sorry is just the reality.
a1200 060

Offline bbond007

• Show only replies by bbond007
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2012, 11:01:10 PM »
Quote from: ChaosLord;689949
@Xanxi

Did you know that more people spoke English than Francais in the 20th and 21st centuries?   I guess most native la langue Francaise people have studied a lot of English at school, unless everyone  has gone to the Chinese lesson instead by now.

That French i took in HS is not doing me much good here in Miami. Maybe if you understood it really well you could understand Creole which is spoken here.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 11:03:58 PM by bbond007 »

Offline mongo

• Show only replies by mongo
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2012, 11:03:12 PM »
Quote from: Methuselas;690001
*SIGHS*

I *REALLY* wish people would stop using the words "racist" and "racism." There's *NO* such thing. We're *ALL* the same frakking race! Homo Sapien. There are different *ETHNIC* groups and therefore, there's *ETHNIC* hate.

And no offense, but *EVERY* Country has people mired in ethnic hatred.....

:mad:

Homo sapiens is a species, not a race.

Offline Brian

• Show only replies by Brian
    • http://www.syntaxsociety.se
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2012, 12:15:52 AM »
@Xanxi
Instead of accepting the fact that you made a crusial error when using French on a worldwide online petition you start justifying it, and not only that, you do it in a way that pushes people away that you try to gain support from. Absolutly educated brilliance!

I for one think quite highly of Jens and what he is offering this dwindling community and actually think more highly of him for what he did with Apollo, good riddance!

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2012, 12:55:54 AM »
Quote from: mongo;690009
Homo sapiens is a species, not a race.

Ethnicity refers to selected cultural and sometimes physical   characteristics used to classify people into groups or categories considered to   be significantly different from others.  Commonly recognized American ethnic groups   include American Indians, Latinos, Chinese, African Americans, European Americans,   etc.  In some cases, ethnicity involves merely a loose group identity with little or   no cultural traditions in common.  This is the case with many Irish and German   Americans.  In contrast, some ethnic groups are coherent subcultures with a shared   language and body of tradition.  Newly arrived immigrant groups often fit this   pattern.

A race is a      biological subspecies   , or variety of a species,   consisting of a more or less distinct population with anatomical traits that distinguish   it clearly from other races.  This biologist's definition does not fit the reality of   human genetic variation today.  We are an extremely homogenous   species genetically.  As a matter of fact, all humans today are    99.9% genetically identical, and most of the  variation that does occur is    in the difference between males and females and our unique personal traits.     This homogeneity is very unusual in the animal kingdom.  Even our closest    biological relatives, the chimpanzees have 2-3 times more genetic variation than people.     Orangutans have 8-10 times more variation.

It is now clear that our human "races" are       primarily cultural creations, not   biological realities.  The commonly held belief in the      existence of human biological races is based on the false   assumption that anatomical traits, such as skin color and    specific facial   characteristics, cluster together in single distinct groups of people.    They do   not.  There are no clearly distinct "black", "white", or other   races.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/ethnicity/ethnic_1.htm

There you go, dipsh!t!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_group

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human

While I loathe to use wikipedia, to school you more. Until, there's a SUBSPECIES of homo sapiens, excluding yourself, of course, there's no such thing as race.

Yes, we are a species, but I was referring to the fact that most people are ignorant enough to use terms such as
"racist" and "racism", 'cos they've been educated to think that we are, in fact, a "race", especially since we've constantly, throughout history, been referred to as the "Human Race."

Now, I'll go and "correct" my previous post, but my statement is still valid.

Thanks again for trolling..... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 01:04:28 AM by Methuselas »
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline dreamcast270mhz

• Show only replies by dreamcast270mhz
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2012, 01:02:08 AM »
On the subject of the petition, I intend to sign as soon as I get off work and have 20minutes or so to figure it out.

On the subject of the US, it would be fair to say that about one fourth of us are educated and well informed. Another fourth are fairly educated and not at all bad chaps. Then you get the one fourth people who include the ignorant, the sheeplike and the good for nothings. Finally, you get the imperialist, racist radical conservatives who make us all look bad. They are the reason we look like a bunch of blithering arsefaces to everyone else and they are the reason we are depicted as we are. Sadly, that's the main reason I wish to emigrate, as soon as I finish my education that is. It really is a shame, the only education we have that's of any quality is our higher education, and we have fallen behind in almost any statistic you could name.

On the French, they are a lovely people, with good food, medical care and hospitality, and I highly believe that the anti French sentiment is perpetuated by our government and the bloody dolts that run it. I do not care too much for their language, or any romance language for that matter as its very difficult to learn. But overall they are as good as any people that exist.
My machines:
PowerMac G4 MDD 1.5ghz 1.25GB 10.5.8 & MOS 2.7
Mac Mini C2D 10.6.8 2GHz 3GB 250GB HDD
MacBook Retina 16GB 256GB SSD 10.8
iPad 2
Underground Gamer invites (a classic game site) PM

Need a part for a PC or Mac? PM me, I\'ll let you know if I come across it.

OS X trumps Windows on every level.

MorphOS, OS4 and Classic Amiga systems are the only ones who are real \'Amigas\', not that joke AROS or Amiga Forever.

Offline desiv

• Show only replies by desiv
« Reply #44 from previous page: April 22, 2012, 01:12:42 AM »
Quote from: Methuselas;690012

There you go, dipsh!t!
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you lose an argument, regardless of the quantity and quality of the facts you might have also mentioned..

:swords:

desiv
Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1230/28 - 4G CF, MAS Player, ext floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 500 w/ 2M CHIP and 8M FAST RAM, DCTV, AEHD floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 1000 w/ 4M FAST RAM, DUAL CF hard drives, external floppy.