Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Member Long Time Amiga User  (Read 1457 times)

Description:

Offline billdegTopic starter

• Show all replies
    • http://www.vintagecomputer.net/commodore/
New Member Long Time Amiga User
« on: January 06, 2012, 01:36:19 AM »
Hi...I just joined this board and I am checking in....I have been an Amiga user since the late 80's, back then I had a A2000, and since then I have used or owned most of the rest except the 4000.  Currently I have a 500, three 2000's, one 2500, one 3000, and one 1200.  They all work except I have a bad accelerator card in my 2500 and the 3000 with the battery damage.  Not sure what else if anything is amiss with that yet.  I list my project work on my web site, vintagecomputer.net and I have a Commodore directory with photos and some programs to download.

Anyway, I am a generalist when it comes to vintage computer hardware, but I do have a soft spot for Commodore.  I have been doing a lot of Amiga restoration projects lately.

Currently I am working on a 3000 with severe battery damage.

It's actually worse that it looks, behind the negative terminals most of the x198 components (diode, resistor, capacitor...) will need to be replaced.  I have completely taken the system apart, desoldered the battery and cleaned the board with baking soda with the logic that it's "basic" vs. the acidic battery acid.  Then I cleaned off the crap.  There are plenty of photos on my site if you're interested.

Anyway, I have a Video Toaster 4000 on Ebay right now, and a few other related items.  I thought I'd share the wealth, I have too much stuff.  To be honest, I just like to play games and fix the computers.  I wanted to get more into video processing but it never happened.

Lastly I am on the board of the Mid-Atlantic Retro Computing Hobbyists club based in New Jersey.  The Vintage Computer Festival is May 5-6 2012.  Bil Herd will be running a workshop for you C128 and Plus/4 people out there, I'd love it if someone with an Amiga would grace us with your presence, and run an exhibit.  It would be well received.

Best,

Bill Degnan
vintagecomputer.net (my personal projects site)
midatlanticretro.org (my computer club)
degnanco.net (buy old computer stuff here)