Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: People are looking to create video game company  (Read 12710 times)

Description:

Offline AmitenTopic starter

• Show only replies by Amiten
    • http://amiftp.honor.es
Re: People are looking to create video game company
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 04:18:25 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;668079
Sorry off topic, but is your "J" key broken?

Also good luck! Sounds like a fun project!

Jajajaja,, thanks for advise me about my problem with "J" jajaja. also for your support.

Regards and Amiga Forever.
 Amiten
Amiten TV - Amiga Channel
http://www.youtube.com/clubamiten

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 04:19:02 PM »
Quote from: Lando;668073
If you're creating commercial games for classic Amigas then you really need 68k asm coders, and they need to have an in-depth knowledge of not only 68k asm but the Amiga chipset as well.
That does depend on the type of game... But if they want to do some fast paced or compute heavy stuff Asm is basically vital...

I used to use the blitz inline Asm a lot, it made like easier to do all the setup in blitz, jump to blitz mode and then do all the heavy lifting in Asm :)

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 04:23:07 PM »
I agree with bloodline and others.  But it does depend on the type of game.

If you were doing a turn based strategy game for instance, then blizt should be more than enough.

If you want to do more arcade type games, then unless you use ASM it will be slow and look crap.

I am all up for helping if I can.
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 04:27:25 PM »
@JJ

Your help are wellcome as well, when the New Project Manager site its ready you know it ;) and there we can see What any one can do.

Thanks a lot I still dreaming on this ProJect ;) and Amiga Forever!.
Amiten.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:42:53 PM by Amiten »

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 04:35:40 PM »
I want to let all know I come from the era of 8 bits like many others, in that times the game development was fun but hard, and I made some titles for MSX systems back in the days in pure Basic and the result was not bad I see many comercial titles that more poor than my.

And the Nº1 rule for made a good game its a playable and great idea the graphics and the rest allways can be improved.

Regards and Amiga Forever
Amiten.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:56:20 PM by Amiten »

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 06:15:08 PM »
Whilst many commercial games were machine code they were still technically underwhelming due to ST-PORTING-ITUS!

Knowledge of chipset quirks and how to use blitz mode properly are just as important IMO.

Personally I have yet to see an OCS game I believe uses 100% of Amiga, except maybe Lotus II on NTSC machine. That sort of quality definitely requires ASM AND skillful exploitation of Amiga features/quirks, a very rare combination.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 07:12:39 PM »
Quote from: Digiman;668094
Whilst many commercial games were machine code they were still technically underwhelming due to ST-PORTING-ITUS!

Knowledge of chipset quirks and how to use blitz mode properly are just as important IMO.

Personally I have yet to see an OCS game I believe uses 100% of Amiga, except maybe Lotus II on NTSC machine. That sort of quality definitely requires ASM AND skillful exploitation of Amiga features/quirks, a very rare combination.
Shadow of the Beast 2 :)

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 08:25:48 PM »
Well, for not loose the way of this thread at the moment the clear help I see its :

TCMSLP (MUSICAN ARTIST)
JJ (CODING I THINK)
YSSING (CODING)

Thanks you very much and soon as posible for me i will send you a private msg with the site adress of the base of the Proyect for start work :) .

My dream goes his way, now are 8 people 3 from here and the rest from another sites who wants to be in the proyect so Í´m very happy .

If any one here want to be in this proyect please dont be afraid to manifestate nothing to loose and much to enjoy.

Best Regards and Amiga Forever.
Amiten.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 08:47:36 PM by Amiten »

Offline Cammy

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 01:59:46 AM »
I'd like to be involved if you'll have me, I've been learning to code (on and off) in AmigaE for over a year now although the closest I've come to coding a game is a quiz/trivia type thing that uses Intuition (which I haven't finished yet). AmigaE, like Blitz, can have inline ASM mixed with the E code to produce more optimised results. Once I master AmigaE I would like to learn 68k Assembly and then maybe C.

I have also been wanting to make Amiga games for a long time now, and a few years ago we scraped together a team and started a forum and it was good for a while. We worked well together and in only a couple of weeks we put together a single level demo of a platform game, made using Backbone, but we had cooperation from a few graphic artists and a musician while I worked on the level and character design. We were on our way to getting a few more games made too, but our forum went offline and could not be recovered, and that was the end of it really. Most of the guys are still floating around on various forums but there's no organisation anymore, and hardly any motivation for them to work on games. I think if we could start a new forum for developing Amiga projects, not just games but all software and creative projects, our community will finally have a chance to get the platform back on its feet.

I also think we should get these guys onboard as well:

Lord Riton - Genius coder who has created the first 262,144 colour AGA 3D RPG, Quests of Nargoth.
Nooly - Amazing musician who composed some of the best mods in Tracker Hero.
Whose - The brilliant programmer who brought us AmiJeweled, one of the more recent commercial Amiga games.
Niels - Partners with Whose in Insane Software, the talented graphic artist who worked on AmiJeweled.
Franko - He's wild and wacky, but he's a brilliant 68k Assembly programmer with real Amiga dedication.
Michael Parent - An enthusiastic and clever graphic artist with a good understanding of the Amiga hardware and game ideas of his own.
sp_ - Master of C2P, fast 3D, graphical effects and 68k Assembly, working on ASM-Pro.
Siggy - An excellent Assembly coder who has already started working on a few retro arcade style games for the Amiga.

I'll post again when I have found links to more people I think we should contact, and I'm sure some of the others I had in mind will probably see this thread and post here anyway.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 02:02:12 AM by Cammy »
A1200 030@28Mhz/2MB+32MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB/4-Way Clockport Expander/IndivisionAGA/PCMCIA NIC
A1200 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/FPU/RTC/KS3.0/IDE-CF+2GB/S-Video
CD32 020@14Mhz/2MB+8MB/RTC/KS3.1/IDE-CF+4GB
A600 030@30Mhz/2MB+64MB/RTC/IDE-CF+4GB/Subway USB/S-Video/PCMCIA NIC/USB Numeric Keypad+Hub+Mouse+Control Pad
A500 000@7Mhz/512kB+512kB/ROM Switcher/KS3.1+1.3/S-Video

Get AmigaOS

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 02:14:46 AM »
I'll volunteer my services as a musician, I'm afraid I don't have time to do graphics or coding work at the moment. You can hear some samples of my general style at my site; that's a bit more elaborate than what you'd probably need, but I've done a lot of more limited work (4-channel MOD & SID composition) as well, so I'd be right at home with Amiga game music.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 03:15:36 AM »
In definately interested.

I can code in blitz/amiblitz, and AMOS (its better than its reputation in the right hands, and a heck of a lot of fun), and a little c and c++ (although most of the amiga c/c++ Ive done has been porting open source software, which is a different kettle of fish than writing from ground up).

Ive also been a musician for a little over 20 years, and although my amiga games music experience is limited Im sure I can contribute here too.
Graphics are also something Im interested in. I started hand pixelling back in the c64 days, and although I stopped for a few years here and there am sure I can contribute there as well. Ive also done a little 3d stuff, firt with imagine, then a little lightware, and more recently have started coming to grips with 3ds max through university.

Ive tried over the last years to make some decent quality classic amiga games, but having to do everything yourself takes time, and with my lack or organisation I tend to become distracted and lose motivation. With others involved, and seeing other peoples work and combined results coming together more quickly makes it easier to keep motivated  :)

My two suggestions though would to make sure the projects have some semblence of organisation, and to make sure people have an interest in the particular bit of software theyre working on. When there's no money involved it's not easy to keep inspired working on something you dont enjoy or have no real interest in.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 09:32:17 AM »
Quote from: Cammy;668152
I'd like to be involved if you'll have me, I've been learning to code (on and off) in AmigaE for over a year now although the closest I've come to coding a game is a quiz/trivia type thing that uses Intuition (which I haven't finished yet). AmigaE, like Blitz, can have inline ASM mixed with the E code to produce more optimised results. Once I master AmigaE I would like to learn 68k Assembly and then maybe C.

I have also been wanting to make Amiga games for a long time now, and a few years ago we scraped together a team and started a forum and it was good for a while. We worked well together and in only a couple of weeks we put together a single level demo of a platform game, made using Backbone, but we had cooperation from a few graphic artists and a musician while I worked on the level and character design. We were on our way to getting a few more games made too, but our forum went offline and could not be recovered, and that was the end of it really. Most of the guys are still floating around on various forums but there's no organisation anymore, and hardly any motivation for them to work on games. I think if we could start a new forum for developing Amiga projects, not just games but all software and creative projects, our community will finally have a chance to get the platform back on its feet.

I also think we should get these guys onboard as well:

Lord Riton - Genius coder who has created the first 262,144 colour AGA 3D RPG, Quests of Nargoth.
Nooly - Amazing musician who composed some of the best mods in Tracker Hero.
Whose - The brilliant programmer who brought us AmiJeweled, one of the more recent commercial Amiga games.
Niels - Partners with Whose in Insane Software, the talented graphic artist who worked on AmiJeweled.
Franko - He's wild and wacky, but he's a brilliant 68k Assembly programmer with real Amiga dedication.
Michael Parent - An enthusiastic and clever graphic artist with a good understanding of the Amiga hardware and game ideas of his own.
sp_ - Master of C2P, fast 3D, graphical effects and 68k Assembly, working on ASM-Pro.
Siggy - An excellent Assembly coder who has already started working on a few retro arcade style games for the Amiga.

I'll post again when I have found links to more people I think we should contact, and I'm sure some of the others I had in mind will probably see this thread and post here anyway.

yeah, if we get a proper forum just for that then i'll join in too.
i do ASM and i can also do game design.
i also do some C.

cheers
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline yssing

• Show only replies by yssing
    • http://www.yssing.org
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 10:07:17 AM »
I know C as well, but havent used it for years. But since C and php is not that far of each other, it should be rather easy to pick it up.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 10:10:44 AM »
I just want to add that you can also add Asm to AMOS code too... But you have to fold it into procedures... Hmmm, now I come to think about it, AMOS's biggest draw back was the lack of data structures and proper functions... It's been so long since I looks at AMOS :)

Offline Thorham

• Show only replies by Thorham
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2011, 11:29:54 AM »
Quote from: bloodline;668161
AMOS's biggest draw back was the lack of data structures and proper functions...
And don't forget that there's no proper variable system: You don't have to declare a damned thing and a variable's type is indicated by things such as $ for strings. The whole language smells of old 8 bit Basic interpreters.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #29 from previous page: November 17, 2011, 11:35:52 AM »
Quote from: Thorham;668162
And don't forget that there's no proper variable system: You don't have to declare a damned thing and a variable's type is indicated by things such as $ for strings. The whole language smells of old 8 bit Basic interpreters.
That doesn't stop you writing good games... That just limits your ability to develop large maintainable projects with extensive colaboration... Oh, I see what you mean ;) x