Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Format time to PDF them!  (Read 16707 times)

Description:

Offline tasmanian guyTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by tasmanian guy
    • http://www.amigaformat.com
Amiga Format time to PDF them!
« on: June 08, 2011, 02:51:50 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have now managed to get issues from 1 to 96 and 136 (last issue) of Amiga Format.

I also have every special edition of Amiga Format except for Amiga Format Special 3 and 10, one is the Beginners Guide to the Amiga and the second was the one that was packaged in the Dynamite Amiga 1200 package!  So if anyone can help out with those two that would be great!

I think it is fitting first of all to scan issue 1 of Amiga Format and the very last issue 136.

Now I don't know how this will work, but is there anywhere on www.amiga.org that this could be hosted for people to download for nostalgic reasons?

I was going to get hosting for my amigaformat.com domain, but I can't really afford the $$$ at the moment.  I've also tried contacting Future Publishing asking for permission to host these magazines, but so far no response.

Anyway I'm up for some ideas perhaps people may want to make a small donation to my paypal account to help me with my time in getting almost 100 issues scanned in along with the price I've had to pay to purchase these in the UK and get them sent to Australia.

Let me know your thoughts and if there are specific articles you're after let me know and I'll see what I can do to scan them.  Preference of course would be given those who care to donate some a dollar or two.

Amiga 1200 1U Rack project

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
Re: Amiga Format time to PDF them!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 02:56:52 PM »
Istnt there already a site with loads of scans of amiga magaiznes hosted on it ?

Cant remember the URL at the moment
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline tone007

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 03:05:22 PM »
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 03:11:15 PM »
Thats the one, thouigh I have seen a different site as well.

Seems you might have quite a lot of scan you could contribute to them tasmanina guy
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 03:41:24 PM »
maybe a torrent or something would be easiest?

Offline zipper

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 05:42:39 PM »
Amiga Magazine Rack:
http://amr.abime.net/

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 06:22:20 PM »
AMR is incomplete scans of AF issues and I don't just mean missing adverts, which is pointless really.

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 07:08:24 PM »
Quote from: Digiman;643543
AMR is incomplete scans of AF issues and I don't just mean missing adverts, which is pointless really.

Most of AMR is incomplete - their primary focus is games, so most magazines don't include non-games pages.

Offline tasmanian guyTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by tasmanian guy
    • http://www.amigaformat.com
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 10:26:35 PM »
Quote from: tone007;643477
http://www.bombjack.org/commodore/

That site has some covers, but no scans of them.

Anyway over the next few weeks I'll scan issues 1 to 12 (August 1989 onwards) and find somewhere to host them.

;-)
Amiga 1200 1U Rack project

Offline Starmax

• Show only replies by Starmax
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 09:34:51 PM »
Hi Tasmanian Guy. Did you manage to scan in those Amiga Formats? If so have you hosted them somewhere?

Many thanks

Offline motrucker

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 10:24:39 PM »
Wouldn't it be beneficial to work together with DLH to get all of these magazines out and available? That is an awful lot of work, scanning all those pages. I realize other problems may enter into this idea, but hey - it's an idea.
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline jsixis

• Show only replies by jsixis
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 01:58:07 AM »
I admire your dedication.

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 03:19:35 AM »
Most of these issues are already scanned, there are about 130 (some duplication) ZIP or PDF files on USENET right now. They have been there for nearly a year.

But nobody ever bothered to download them from alt.binaries etc and stick them on a HTTP accessible site like archive.org AATT.

So there is the solution, if I had a newsbin compatible service I would do it myself :)

Offline AndreasM

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 08:14:25 AM »
Quote from: tasmanian guy;643475
Hi everyone,

I have now managed to get issues from 1 to 96 and 136 (last issue) of Amiga Format.

I also have every special edition of Amiga Format except for Amiga Format Special 3 and 10, one is the Beginners Guide to the Amiga and the second was the one that was packaged in the Dynamite Amiga 1200 package!  So if anyone can help out with those two that would be great!

I think it is fitting first of all to scan issue 1 of Amiga Format and the very last issue 136.

Now I don't know how this will work, but is there anywhere on www.amiga.org that this could be hosted for people to download for nostalgic reasons?

I was going to get hosting for my amigaformat.com domain, but I can't really afford the $$$ at the moment.  I've also tried contacting Future Publishing asking for permission to host these magazines, but so far no response.

Anyway I'm up for some ideas perhaps people may want to make a small donation to my paypal account to help me with my time in getting almost 100 issues scanned in along with the price I've had to pay to purchase these in the UK and get them sent to Australia.

Let me know your thoughts and if there are specific articles you're after let me know and I'll see what I can do to scan them.  Preference of course would be given those who care to donate some a dollar or two.

We can host it. But we need the permission from the right holders
Andreas Magerl
APC&TCP - Home of Amiga Future
Publisher for Amiga Software, Merchandising and many more.

http://www.apc-tcp.de
https://www.amigafuture.de
https://www.amigashop.org

Offline mfilos

• Show only replies by mfilos
    • http://mfilos.blogspot.com/
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 09:15:24 AM »
Why not on Archive.org where "Amiga Computing" and "Amiga World" are already hosted?
Visit my Amiga blog here
- A600: Vampire V3, 128MB, A604n, 16GB CF, Indivision ECS, RapidRoad, MAS-Player + Custom Audio Mixer (internal), HxC SD + Slim floppy (internal)