Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Get off the beach! Tsunami coming!  (Read 21271 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Get off the beach! Tsunami coming!
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 16, 2011, 02:19:30 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;622128
That doesn't  completely surprise me as the belief spans multiple faiths. Jewish Gnostics, Christian Gnostics, and Muslim Gnostics all with the suspicion that reality may be veiled.

I think you'd probably love my personal library.

Books are my first addiction, Amiga's are a distant second.

PM me a mailing address and I'll send you a gift of one of the English books from my collection if you like.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 02:26:33 AM »
Quote from: Franko;622133
Just gave it a try...

Only reply I got was from the next door neighbour telling me to "keep the fecking noise down at this time of the morning" (grumpy old bugger)... :(

You got an answer, the trick is to analyse both the question and the response and learn from the experience as a whole.

Self accounting. Do it every day for best results.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 07:21:11 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;622283
For the Gnostic, blind faith is a stranger..

I love how this topic is all the place. :)

For the Muslim, blind faith is not only forbidden, it takes one out of the fold of Islam entirely.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 07:28:51 PM »
Quote from: cecilia;622290
I'm a Proud Atheist and I've never taken drugs

and before some silly person make the ridiculous comment that atheism is like a religion let me point out that I follow no rituals, no holidays, no statues, no prayers, no "beliefs" based on make believe voodoo....and so on

I simply state than NO ONE has Ever proved the existence of any "god"

ever.

that's not a 'belief'
that's a fact

Everyone follows prophets, false or otherwise.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 10:25:49 AM »
Go for it, I have five kids and a disabled wife with a bun in the oven who come first.

Charity cases have to suffice with the 22.5% of my annual income I am obliged to give them as a Shi'a Muslim.

I imagine the Japanese authorities will tell you to sling your hook though.