Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Get off the beach! Tsunami coming!  (Read 21225 times)

Description:

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
Re: Get off the beach! Tsunami coming!
« Reply #44 from previous page: March 16, 2011, 04:14:56 AM »
What horrible thought! Life is a simulation and God has a dodgy computer.

Although I am comfortable with the idea that Bill Gates is the Anti-Christ.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2011, 04:16:38 AM »
Quote from: actung_bab;622165
me too they dont listen mouse catchers athough job kfc whould be there choice
not sure get work done apart from licking the grill thoughty
Maybe should not  post when am drunk and ony had 2 glasses of beer

Beer sounds good.
I'm going to bed.
God bless you all whether he (or you for that matter) exist or not.

Jim

And I hope your right Franko. Its bad enough think of everything else that's happened, then this and the consequences that will occur even if a miracle occurs and nothing else happens.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:40:35 AM by Iggy »
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2011, 05:22:50 PM »
And Franko turns out to be right. Emergency workers return to the  facility, nothing else has blown up, and so far no further down turns.

Still a dire situation, but the longer things maintain the status quo the better for the long term look out.

Hey Frank, do you think you could train the 12 foot tree rats? They'd make good replacements for the emergency workers.

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2011, 09:45:16 PM »
I was thinking today about the 50 brave souls risking their all at Fukushima.
If I wasn't married, if I didn't have to be concerned about leaving my wife without the support and comfort of her husband, if I didn't have to worry about other close members of my family that rely on me like my 73 year old mother, my mother in law who is on disability or my siblings, I'd consider volunteering for this.
I have experience in plumbing, as a merchant marine tankerman I'm familar with large scale piping and pumping systems. I'm 50 years old and I've had a full life.

Plus the conditions at the plant are not a guaranteed death sentence, many of those 50 will survive this. If we could find enough experienced dedicated people to supplement the 50 we might be able to carry on until the plant is stabalized.

Whats the risk of the lives of a few hundred people compared to the potential suffering of hundreds of thousands.

I could do it, calmly and with a sense of purpose. God measures or lives based on our accomplishments and how much we have placed the interests of other above their own.

Its time for a few of use that realize how important this could be in making the difference between a contained event and an all out holocaust.

So who do we approach about joining the fight?

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2011, 04:12:26 AM »
I take it that none of the rest of you have the balls to follow my lead. We should be able to get donation of high quality Geiger counters and high quality radiation suits.
A small unitized container would be larger enough to ship the gear we'd need. And if we can find a backhoe the container could serve as an underground baunker to work out of. We need minimal survival supplies and the support of a few industrial partner.
The merchant marine industry could supply double hulled rock barges that could be used to transport the spent nuclear rods from reactor 4 covered encased in water.Pumps on the ship could assure the robs stayed covered.
Pumps used on decks large oil barges could be trucked in the plant. The 6,8, and 10" diameter steel reinforce flexible rubber hoses would be ideal for running the temporary water lines need for reactors 1,2, and three. Cranes would be needed to move the spent rods to their floating containment.

The breach in reactor 2 is troubling but if pressure is kept down, steel wire could be stretched over the rupture and spray concrete could cover the rupture in the containment.

Once cooling is reestablished to reactors 1,2,and 3. It should be esier to stabilize the plant. Then we could refocus on the last two reactors that might be in danger.

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2011, 07:55:23 PM »
Hey Guys, I wasn't kidding about that last post. Outside help could make a difference.
Marine transport companies should be able to dig out a fairly large amount of large diameter steal belt rubber hoses (in 6, 8, and 10" diameters) and some  large skid mounted diesel pumps.
A few double hulled stone barges ought to be a to be available, the  spent few from reactor 4 could be loaded into these and covered with  water.
No 2 hole could be cover with steel mesh a concrete pump over it o seal the reactor.
Then all that would be needed would be to tie in the temporary diesel  pump via the flexible hoses to the reactor surviving cooling line.

I have left out a few things. We'd need a few good industrial cranes and  somer basic hand and power tools and of course some good quality  radiation suits with a healty supply of O2.
Some remote tv equipment and a decent extent able boom that could  deliver boric acid, waster, concrete sprays would also be useful.

They should already be thinking of things like this.

Jim
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 08:02:33 PM by Iggy »

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2011, 02:10:54 AM »
>I'm more of one of those kind of people who like to help in the flesh,  I'd like to be there, regardless of the threat to my life.

Yes, I'd like to be there. It don't think I'd have to my own money. i think I could get at least some of the material donated.
the marine transport industry has plenty of the equipment I've mentioned.
Findind a company is willing to donate the rock barge would take a little work.
The radiation suit 9andiu's want a good one , could be source for under $2000. the breathing equipment and the O2 would be a little more difficult.
Local companies in Japan ought to have cranes.

It would take some more volunteers and an airline willing to fly the team and equipment.
B

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2011, 05:12:51 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;622680
>I'm more of one of those kind of people who like to help in the flesh,  I'd like to be there, regardless of the threat to my life.

Yes, I'd like to be there. It don't think I'd have to donate a lot of my own money. i think I could get at least some of the material donated.
the marine transport industry has plenty of the equipment I've mentioned.
 Finding a  company is willing to donate the rock barge would take a little work.
The radiation suit 9andiu's want a good one , could be source for under $2000. the breathing equipment and the O2 would be a little more difficult.
Local companies in Japan ought to have cranes.

It would take some more volunteers and an airline willing to fly the team and equipment.