Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Get off the beach! Tsunami coming!  (Read 21310 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: Get off the beach! Tsunami coming!
« on: March 12, 2011, 05:34:43 PM »
It seems mother nature has taken the gloves off in the last few years. Even places like Autsralia and New Zealand have been devestated in recent times, possibly the 2 places on the planet touted as the safest in regards to natural disasters (take heed of this, Ive seen a few comments recently that "Im ok, these things dont happen here, I live in a safe area",.... no such thing). Austalia in the last 2 years has suffered both monumental fires, followed by just as epic floods. Both to scales that few countries are capable of sustaining (due to land mass). New Zealand has also seen its fair share of natures force in the last 6 or so months. It seems every few months a disaster of huge proportions is occuring somewhere. These things have always happened since the dawn of time, but the last 3 or so years the anti has been heavily raised. While it's not something I drone on I wouldnt be surprised if we're seeing the beginning of the end of the planet here. That doesnt worry me so much, if nature decides enough is enough then there's no point arguing, but I must admit I do worry about religious zealouts going crazy 'cos of the impending "appocolypse".
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 05:37:34 PM by fishy_fiz »
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 04:17:01 PM »
While I completely sympathise with the Japanese people and what theyre going through right now, I cant for a second bring myself to agree with the excessive false sentiments here that they in any way, shape, or form deal with such crisis any better than the rest of the world. People are remarkably resilient and level headed when required, regardless of where theyre from. People from New Zealand and Australia have in recent times demonstrated this with thier own disasters, as have others (I just use NZ and Aus. as examples as theyre closer to home for me).
It offends me that people will belittle what others have endured and the way they dealt with it just because its not currently plastered all over the media.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 03:42:29 AM »
@Runequestor

Lol, you beat me to it  :)
The whole blind faith thing, regardless of rationality thing baffles me. so does the internal justification for maintaining such beliefs. I have no qualms with people having faith, but comments like (to paraphrase), "it must be true 'cos it cant be disproven" to me is crazy.

I have a ghost in my house. Ive never seen it, heard it or felt it, but I cant disprove it therefore it's probably real. Come on, seriously ?
People can come up with twisted logic to support thier own beliefs for anything be it God, or twelve foot squirrels.

All this said and done though any chance people can take the religion talk elsewhere. I really dont want to offend others with my beliefs (that there is no God), and I'd hope others would have the same courteousy.