Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Get off the beach! Tsunami coming!  (Read 21221 times)

Description:

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
Re: Get off the beach! Tsunami coming!
« Reply #224 from previous page: March 16, 2011, 04:16:38 AM »
Quote from: actung_bab;622165
me too they dont listen mouse catchers athough job kfc whould be there choice
not sure get work done apart from licking the grill thoughty
Maybe should not  post when am drunk and ony had 2 glasses of beer

Beer sounds good.
I'm going to bed.
God bless you all whether he (or you for that matter) exist or not.

Jim

And I hope your right Franko. Its bad enough think of everything else that's happened, then this and the consequences that will occur even if a miracle occurs and nothing else happens.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:40:35 AM by Iggy »
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #225 on: March 16, 2011, 04:20:45 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;622169
Beer sounds good.
I'm going to bed.
God bless you all whether he (or you for that matter) exist or not.

Jim

+1 :)

It'll be daylight here in a couple of hours and I'll need to get some kip before I have to wake up and feed them 12 foot squirrels... :)

Night, Night all... ;)

Offline Iggy

« Reply #226 on: March 16, 2011, 05:22:50 PM »
And Franko turns out to be right. Emergency workers return to the  facility, nothing else has blown up, and so far no further down turns.

Still a dire situation, but the longer things maintain the status quo the better for the long term look out.

Hey Frank, do you think you could train the 12 foot tree rats? They'd make good replacements for the emergency workers.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #227 on: March 16, 2011, 07:00:46 PM »
For the Gnostic, blind faith is a stranger..

I love how this topic is all the place. :)
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #228 on: March 16, 2011, 07:13:00 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;622283

I love that Apple, CUSA and Morph vs OS4 hasn't come up at all :)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #229 on: March 16, 2011, 07:21:11 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;622283

For the Muslim, blind faith is not only forbidden, it takes one out of the fold of Islam entirely.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
« Reply #230 on: March 16, 2011, 07:24:10 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;622070
We all have our prophets Frank, some of us (like moi et Karlos) believe the last one died ~1400yrs ago.

There are others who have more recent personal "prophets".

I'm a Proud Atheist and I've never taken drugs

and before some silly person make the ridiculous comment that atheism is like a religion let me point out that I follow no rituals, no holidays, no statues, no prayers, no "beliefs" based on make believe voodoo....and so on

I simply state than NO ONE has Ever proved the existence of any "god"

ever.

that's not a 'belief'
that's a fact
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline nicholas

« Reply #231 on: March 16, 2011, 07:28:51 PM »
Quote from: cecilia;622290

and before some silly person make the ridiculous comment that atheism is like a religion let me point out that I follow no rituals, no holidays, no statues, no prayers, no "beliefs" based on make believe voodoo....and so on

ever.

that's not a 'belief'
that's a fact

Everyone follows prophets, false or otherwise.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #232 on: March 16, 2011, 07:50:45 PM »
I'll agree that some atheists are almost as bad as religious types when it comes to trying to convert people..

Offline ElPolloDiabl

• Show only replies by ElPolloDiabl
« Reply #233 on: March 16, 2011, 08:12:45 PM »
Atheism can be a religion. It just means you are skeptical. Perhaps Cecilia does believe in paranormal? (Things currently unexplained)
Some people deny everything, some people are skeptical and some people are gullible.
It is fine to follow the rules of your religion unless it becomes quite deluded, but then that is why there are  a lot of sheeple.
The CO2 debate is the current delusion of sheeple. (I'm not a denier, but I think future technology and/or reducing the birth rate is better than sending society back to the stone age.)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:13:17 PM by ElPolloDiabl »
Go Go Gadget Signature!

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #234 on: March 16, 2011, 08:47:41 PM »
All I know, from my experience, is that when the mind is busy, truth can not be perceived.

Like wise, when the heart is too heavy or to light, again reality can not be perceived.

Beleif therefore is an obstruction to truth. Therefore if the athiest (assuming they are truly free of preconceived notions as they claim) could more easily (in theory) grasp reality than one full of beleifs, IF they could just let go of their concious self for at least a few moments each day & BE STILL.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Varthall

• Show only replies by Varthall
« Reply #235 on: March 16, 2011, 09:05:53 PM »
Quote from: cecilia;622290

ever.

that's not a 'belief'
that's a fact

AFAIK atheists also claim that neither God nor any other deity exist, and that's a belief. Except for agnostic atheists who don't claim the latter, although so called "strong" agnostics claim that it will be impossible for the human kind to find out if God/deities exist or not - another belief. I guess that people that really don't believe in anything are hard to find, and to live this way they have to suppress any emotion, thus negating their own nature.
AmigaOne XE - AmigaOS 4.1 - Freescale 7457 1GHz - 1GB ram
MPlayer for OS4: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayer-amigaos/

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #236 on: March 16, 2011, 09:06:41 PM »
@ All

I don't believe in anything at all unless the squirrels tell me it is so... :)

Charlie (he's the short one on the left in the purple waistcoat) told me this morning that once upon a time when he was on the set of a famous movie that he starred in a small tiny bubble the size of a house came up to him and told him that the Amiga would make a comeback in the year 2036 (just around teatime)... :)

Now I don't know about you but as this all happened around 100 years ago and I clearly recall it happening meself as if it were tomorrow, then it only goes to prove, never listen to anything anyone says or what you read (even if they claim to be from your local library and it's carved in stone)... :)

Unless of course you hear it from a 12 foot high squirrel who heard it first hand from a tiny bubble that was high on crack cocaine whilst it was praying to gawd who just so happens to work in the local fish & chip repair shop just up the high street (you know, the one beside the zebra crossing)... :)

(think I'll go take me meds now, me head hurts.... :confused:)

Offline Iggy

« Reply #237 on: March 16, 2011, 09:45:16 PM »
I was thinking today about the 50 brave souls risking their all at Fukushima.
If I wasn't married, if I didn't have to be concerned about leaving my wife without the support and comfort of her husband, if I didn't have to worry about other close members of my family that rely on me like my 73 year old mother, my mother in law who is on disability or my siblings, I'd consider volunteering for this.
I have experience in plumbing, as a merchant marine tankerman I'm familar with large scale piping and pumping systems. I'm 50 years old and I've had a full life.

Plus the conditions at the plant are not a guaranteed death sentence, many of those 50 will survive this. If we could find enough experienced dedicated people to supplement the 50 we might be able to carry on until the plant is stabalized.

Whats the risk of the lives of a few hundred people compared to the potential suffering of hundreds of thousands.

I could do it, calmly and with a sense of purpose. God measures or lives based on our accomplishments and how much we have placed the interests of other above their own.

Its time for a few of use that realize how important this could be in making the difference between a contained event and an all out holocaust.

So who do we approach about joining the fight?

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #238 on: March 17, 2011, 03:48:31 AM »
Iggy: When Katrina hit a few years back, a local preacher buddy of mine was trying to round up people from his church and locally to go down there in a few buses. I was going to go, but then the government turned around and would not let anybody in to help except for those people who they authorised. :/

Anyhow, after having read this thread (or most of it) I have came to this conclusion.

A. Franko is an elitist know it all who is constantly trying to shove his Squirrel centric views onto ever one. I think he should shut his fat face, invest his belief system into  televised vision, and the printed word as neither Amiga nor Squirrels have any place in consensus reality! UP YOURS FRANKO YOU ELITIST SHLUMP!  That's right, I said it!

B. Cats along with all other mammals need to start taking life, politics, and the global agenda seriously. They need to get life insurance, become concerned about their longevity, and clean up their act!!! I'm sick of their crap!!!

Offline Iggy

« Reply #239 on: March 17, 2011, 04:12:26 AM »
I take it that none of the rest of you have the balls to follow my lead. We should be able to get donation of high quality Geiger counters and high quality radiation suits.
A small unitized container would be larger enough to ship the gear we'd need. And if we can find a backhoe the container could serve as an underground baunker to work out of. We need minimal survival supplies and the support of a few industrial partner.
The merchant marine industry could supply double hulled rock barges that could be used to transport the spent nuclear rods from reactor 4 covered encased in water.Pumps on the ship could assure the robs stayed covered.
Pumps used on decks large oil barges could be trucked in the plant. The 6,8, and 10" diameter steel reinforce flexible rubber hoses would be ideal for running the temporary water lines need for reactors 1,2, and three. Cranes would be needed to move the spent rods to their floating containment.

The breach in reactor 2 is troubling but if pressure is kept down, steel wire could be stretched over the rupture and spray concrete could cover the rupture in the containment.

Once cooling is reestablished to reactors 1,2,and 3. It should be esier to stabilize the plant. Then we could refocus on the last two reactors that might be in danger.