Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore Scotland Under Threat...  (Read 27465 times)

Description:

Offline FrankoTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: Commodore Scotland Under Threat...
« Reply #59 from previous page: February 17, 2011, 02:26:26 PM »
Quote from: AmigaNG;616136
What I was trying to point out is that Cloanto is only able to support Amiga Shows, Amiga related bountys, Amiga Users, and future develop their software through sales of Amiga Forever and it roms, if your offering them for free, how do you expect them to contiue to support such areas?

Why, when the web site free, unlike the Roms. :)

I do like amiga,org and if it ever really needed money to say online I might help it out, and I have donated to a few bounty and bought a lot of games and attended a few amiga shows, hope to run amiga web site soon myself (out of my own money) and run a you tube account and planning to get an OS4 machine this year so I believe I support the Amiga community quite well thank you.

If Amiga.org did not need any monetary help from it's users then what would be the point in them asking for a very reasonable fee to have a full membership, or for them to have a section for folk to donate money towards maintaining the site ???

So instead of claiming you support the Amiga community put your money where your mouth is and either donate or pay for a full membership, as I say you do use it very regularly... :)

In the past 25 years I have bought countless Amiga games and attended some shows, but as there hasn't been a show anywhere near where I live for at least 15 years then why would I choose to pay to support shows that I cannot attend ???

You don't have to pay for a YouTube account so what does that have to do with anything ???

And what does you buying an "OS4 machine" have to do with supporting the Amiga Community ???

You really have some strange ways of looking at things... :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2011, 02:36:32 PM »
Quote from: AmigaNG;616136
PS: Franko I dont want to get into a war with you over this, I do understand what you are saying, maybe you should ask Cloanto on if there could be somekind of soultion for users who just want to buy the Roms the workbench disks, but I think £30 is not much to ask for every AmigaOS from 1.0 to 3.0 and all the other extras your getting, you must of thought this your self at one point to buy Amiga Forever.

Never said I wanted a war either, just logged in this morning only to find all these crazy posts about Cloanto (who I don't have anything against)... :)

The only reason I bought Amiga Forever a couple of years ago was because family and friends had been going on at me for years to ditch my Amigas and buy a "real computer" (ie:a PC) as they call them.

So I bought Amiga Forever to test out on my sisters PC first and didn't like it and it's been lying in a cupboard ever since... :)

But I still don't agree with having to buy "Amiga Forever" just to get hold of some rom images, it's not the price or the fact that you gets DVDs with it, it's the simple case that the rom images if they are to be sold should be available individually and not bundled with stuff I don't want or require so Cloanto can try and justify the price... :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2011, 02:38:10 PM »
Quote from: AmigaNG;616144
just encase you missed it

Why, when the web site free, unlike the Roms :)

Sorry can't make that out, think my eyesight must be failing... :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2011, 03:11:52 PM »
Quote from: JJ;616163
Eh, what has my views on CUSA got to do with anything.  I have an opinion I have voiced, I have not made it some crusade, but I must be some sort of fucktard but I don't get how that make me hypocrite.  Can you please explain it to a thicky.

You said it, not me... :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2011, 03:51:28 PM »
Quote from: JJ;616173
Well that still does not expalin anything

Well as you seem so desperate for an explanation of why I used the term "hypocrite" let me explain in simple terms as you obviously can't understand your own posts... :)

In one post you said about CUSA...

The whole thing stinks and their business practices( if you want to call them that) are laughable.

I have never said this before, and its nothing to do with the commodore name as it hold no attachement to me, I hope this business fails so bad.

are you with me so far... :)

then in a later post about the X1000 you said...

No, why would anyone want to fail at something especially if its their passion and they stand to loose money.

You would have to be some sort of prick to wish that

Still following, not too confusing is it... :)

Now if you can't see the hypocrisy in your own statements, then perhaps your other comment may be accurate... :)

but I must be some sort of fucktard

Ok JJ, I get the fact you don't like me but your opinion on me counts for nothing, so why do you even bother to respond to my posts, gotta be honest I find most of your post rather amusing especially when they're of the type shown above... :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2011, 04:11:26 PM »
Quote from: jorkany;616187
Franko, you'll find that many OS4 supporters treat Hyperion and Co. as a charity. There are even some out there who don't have the hardware to run OS4 but they still buy the software. They also actually believe that OS4 *is the Amiga*, and therefore by supporting the OS4 charity they are somehow supporting the Amiga.

I know, it's pretty screwy, but that's just how it is.

I'd kinda gathered that about certain folk & OS4, but then again the same can be said about all things in the twilight zone we call the Amiga Community... :)

To be honest I don't think there is one solitary person (myself included) in the Amiga Community who would stand a chance of being declared normal or sane if their freedom from a padded cell depended on it... :)

But I reckon that's what make the whole Amiga thing special, we're all stark raving mad... :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2011, 04:31:53 PM »
Quote from: cecilia;616196
:roflmao:  ok, that's funny

to get back to my point, I bought AmigaForever to use IFX and then bought Hollywood. I have no interest in games. I did buy Deluxe Paint and Digi Paint many many years ago and would love to use them but at the moment have no way to access my old floppies.

(I did get access to DP files, however).
And there's nothing wrong with emulation. I was originally attracted to it when I realized I could use WinUAE on a laptop making my Amiga files portable. I also make my PC laptop multiboot so I have Windows, Linux AND Amiga emulation on ONE machine.

I consider that very clever.  :)

But I need Windows ONLY for AfterEffects and the fact that I can also use it for Amiga emulation is a GOOD thing.

being flexible is a sign of Intelligence, by the way  :banana::angel:

Amusing as if I find all this stuff, I've just taken delivery of a nice Blizzard030 64Mb Ram 50Mhz & FPU @ 50Mhz, so I'm off now to try it out... :)

I'll just leave you all with this for the time being, until I return once again with me big wooden spoon... :)

[youtube]Cml_YsTznRU[/youtube]

(PS:Never wanted to be intelligent and I'm quite happy being a bamstick, thank you... :))