Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore Scotland Under Threat...  (Read 27510 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
Re: Commodore Scotland Under Threat...
« Reply #224 from previous page: February 17, 2011, 07:17:35 AM »
Quote from: cecilia;616040
wow, I just don't understand the Cloanto hate AT ALL!!!

I have given my hard earned money to purchase Amiga Forever and am a happy costumer. It is a mature product that updates files, comes with historic videos, pictures etc. and various Amiga configurations that I can try all or some. It's not "just" roms.

and I get treated very respectfully. what the heck is wrong with some people??

Cloanto is a very good company. I have bought both Personal Paint and two versions of Amiga Forever from them. Solid products, well worth supporting! :)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #225 on: February 17, 2011, 07:19:54 AM »
Quote from: Franko;616046
Must be because the "they that shall not be named" threads have disappeared off the front page... :biglaugh:

You know that you are the dubbed king of keeping "the 'they that shall not be named' threads" on the front page, right?

:)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline kolla

« Reply #226 on: February 17, 2011, 07:30:25 AM »
Quote from: AmigaNG;616089
Ok I would support your on that part of it, if the Roms and Workbench where not legally for sale any where then I would support and understand you position. Simple fact they are.

What I don't like is the part where they (or their minions) prevent updated ROM images from being distributed, or prevent people from selling updated kickstart chips (like Cosmos want to do), and I also question their legal rights to distribute modified and updated ROM images themselves (the 3.X) kickstart.

As for AmigaForever, the value of that package is really not in the kickstarts and OS images, but in all the extras, videos etc. I never used any of the software on those DVDs/CDs.
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC
---
A3000/060CSPPC+CVPPC/128MB + 256MB BigRAM/Deneb USB
A4000/CS060/Mediator4000Di/Voodoo5/128MB
A1200/Blz1260/IndyAGA/192MB
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
A600/A6095
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox
CD32/TF328
A500/V500v2
A500/MTec520
CDTV
MiSTer, MiST, FleaFPGAs and original Minimig
Peg1, SAM440 and Mac minis with MorphOS

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #227 on: February 17, 2011, 07:31:08 AM »
Franko where is this big plan of yours that's supposedly going on behind the scenes? :confused:

You can't declare war like that and not back it up :rtfm:
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #228 on: February 17, 2011, 10:13:06 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;616064
Sorry nicholas - you don't own Commodore or Amiga. Are you really that arrogant?

Wrong, I do own Commodore Amiga.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline EvilGuy

• Show only replies by EvilGuy
« Reply #229 on: February 17, 2011, 10:31:52 AM »
Quote from: nicholas;616005

Though for those whose machines refuse to boot anymore it is scandalous to expect them to pay for another copy of the ROM they already own.

The world is a mean, nasty place innit? People in that situation could still get a chip reader and dump the rom, which would probably cost them more than AF + ROMS would cost.

Perhaps said people should save their money and buy some cement to eat so they can harden the f*** up.

Amigans have always been known as tight arses. Make something for them and they'll either bitch that its too expensive or just copy it.

Offline Tension

« Reply #230 on: February 17, 2011, 11:44:45 AM »
Quote from: nicholas;616041
I own both the names Commodore and Amiga, I also own the company Commodore Amiga.

Excellent.

Offline Tension

« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2011, 11:45:52 AM »
Quote from: nicholas;616105
Wrong, I do own Commodore Amiga.

[youtube]0TZ_9-rbslo[/youtube]

Offline nicholas

« Reply #232 on: February 17, 2011, 12:26:06 PM »
Quote from: Tension;616112
Excellent.

Unlike certain other companies with similar names to ours we will only make product announcements when our products are ready to ship.

Crazy eh? :)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #233 on: February 17, 2011, 12:44:16 PM »
Have to agree.  I have bought several products from cloanto and they are a great company all round.

Franko has some master plan?  is that to annoy as many people as possible.

If I am 100% honest I don't see Franko's participation on Amiga.org as beneficial in anyway shape or form.  
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline tone007

« Reply #234 on: February 17, 2011, 12:48:10 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;616121
Unlike certain other companies with similar names to ours we will only make product announcements when our products are ready to ship.

Crazy eh? :)

Crap, I did it wrong.  I produced and shipped a product but forgot to make an announcement, I sold my first A200 a few days ago!

I guess this means I've matched C=USA for sales, and more than beaten them in the profit department!
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline FrankoTopic starter

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #235 on: February 17, 2011, 12:59:43 PM »
Quote from: AmigaNG;616089
Ok I would support you on that part of it, if the Roms and Workbench where not legally for sale any where then I would support and understand you position. Simple fact they are.

If you really want the Kickstart to be free and open you should support the Kickstart Replacement effort, like Cloanto have. http://www.power2people.org/projects/profile/6

Do you intend to support Amiga shows, put money towards bounty's and help further develop Amiga emulation? With money Cloanto raise that is what they do. You may not think your doing anything wrong and provide a service that a lot of other people already provide, but I like Amiga Forever and its program and hope it continues to be developed, your efforts only hurt them efforts by cloanto.

Why would I support Amiga Shows, there hasn't been in my neck of the woods for at least 15 years ???

Why would I support Amiga Emulation I don't use it and never will ???

You may like Amiga Forever but to me it's a program for PCs and I have no interest in PCs whatsoever, I've got nothing against Cloanto I bought and paid for PPaint a long, long time ago and I've even bought Amiga Forever about 2 years back when I was considering actually buying a PC until I came to my senses... :)

Don't understand why you would think I personally would support such things, obviously you have never actually read any of my posts before or you would have known this by now... :)

As for supporting things I did say in a thread quite a while back that I would be willing to support the NatAmi project but it seems that the NatAmi team did not need financial support... :)

On the question of support why do you not help to support Amiga.org yourself by paying for a membership, I mean you use it often enough to post your views so the least you could do is help support them... ;)

« Reply #236 on: February 17, 2011, 01:02:05 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;616093
You know that you are the dubbed king of keeping "the 'they that shall not be named' threads" on the front page, right?

:)

Bow before your mighty king... peasant... :)

« Reply #237 on: February 17, 2011, 01:04:33 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;616096
Franko where is this big plan of yours that's supposedly going on behind the scenes? :confused:

You can't declare war like that and not back it up :rtfm:

Nothing "supposed" about it...

For several days now there has been a hell of a lot going on behind the scenes and it's not good strategy to release your battle plans to the enemy is it... :)

« Reply #238 on: February 17, 2011, 01:07:17 PM »
Quote from: JJ;616122
Have to agree.  I have bought several products from cloanto and they are a great company all round.

Franko has some master plan?  is that to annoy as many people as possible.

If I am 100% honest I don't see Franko's participation on Amiga.org as beneficial in anyway shape or form.  

Tough S&!t Mr Hypocrite, what you think of me doesn't matter one wee bit... :)

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2011, 01:19:32 PM »
Don't see how not liking you makes me a hypocrite ? Please explain
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"