Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: iContain  (Read 8647 times)

Description:

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
Re: iContain
« Reply #44 from previous page: March 01, 2011, 03:37:46 AM »
Quote from: Plaz;618558
Pardon my mood and imagery, but it's how I've come to see things lately....

What we have now is an undead beast with multiple tails flailing in every direction without a focused coherent consciousness to guide it.

It's as if Amiga died, the body was consumed by earth worms, and now all of those gorged mindless creatures are wiggling in all their own directions.

I find no sense in it all any more except what is the inherent self preservation instinct built in to each worm. What was Amiga is now just a memory of exhumed and consumed remains.

By the way, earthworms are very good for fertile soil.

Plaz

That is a seriously creepy analogy.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2011, 03:54:10 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;618563
That is a seriously creepy analogy.

Tis a bit... :nervous:

Let's play Spot The Serial Killer... :eek:

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2011, 04:11:53 AM »
Quote from: Franko;618566
Smart money's on the notorious "Mad Scotsman."
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2011, 04:42:13 AM »
Tis a bit... :nervous:

See Spot kill, kill Spot kill....

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 04:49:10 AM by persia »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline adz

• Knight of the Sock
    • Show only replies by adz
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2011, 06:07:31 AM »
Quote from: Haranguer;618405
I suggeted that a PowerPC phone that can run Amiga OS would be just the thing we want.  He seems amenable.

Again with the PowerPC :rolleyes: FFS...The very name has PeeCee in it :lol:

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2011, 06:25:00 AM »
Quote from: adz;618574
Again with the PowerPC :rolleyes: FFS...The very name has PeeCee in it :lol:

Fugeddabout it - lets port MorphOS/AOS4 to SPARC!  There's a chip with a real future :lol:

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2011, 07:11:25 AM »
W
h
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e
e

!
!
!

(sorry but I needed that... :))

Offline HaranguerTopic starter

• Show only replies by Haranguer
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2011, 08:48:21 AM »
Wow!  That descended into chaos quickly, didn't it?

Back onto topic - I've been trying to get Todd talking with Rogue.  I emailed Rogue, who told me that to his knowledge Todd hadn't tried to contact Hyperion.

So I gave Rogue's email to Todd, who told me that Rogue never got back to him.  That seems strange - he replied to me within seconds.

And in response to the quwery - no, I'm not CEO of anything.  Like I said, I started by having a go at iContain, but Todd has convinced me that he deserves to be given a chance.  Not sure why he didn't get a reply from Rogue.

I've just got visions of an Amiga phone in my head.  I'm starting to find my Nokia N97 Mini annoying ...

Offline kedawa

• Show only replies by kedawa
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2011, 09:03:36 AM »
All the Amiga needs now is the right spokemodel and her disgrace will be complete.

http://amigairc.amigarevolution.com/kiki.html

Offline the_leander

• Show only replies by the_leander
    • http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2011, 11:02:03 AM »
Quote from: Haranguer;618588

So I gave Rogue's email to Todd, who told me that Rogue never got back to him.  That seems strange - he replied to me within seconds.

No, really? I'm shocked I tells ya!

Not sure why he didn't get a reply from Rogue.

Because working for one set of muppets is enough in any given career.

I've just got visions of an Amiga phone in my head.  I'm starting to find my Nokia N97 Mini annoying ...

You think your N97 is annoying? Try running an OS that wasn't designed with the hardware in mind, lacking features even Symbian supports and a software catalogue that is completely inappropriate for the form factor.

Even if by some miracle you managed to shoehorn AmigaOS into a phone, you realise that the development time you're talking about realistically will be measured in years, right? And that's even before we get to the issue of building a complete new software set and infrastructure.
Blessed Be,
Alan Fisher - the_leander

[SIGPIC]http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/[/SIGPIC]

Offline Plaz

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2011, 01:22:50 PM »

:roflmao:  
Nah, you're just mistakenly misreading my hopeless frustration as something else... but thanks for the laugh.

With the light of a new day, I'll give a less creeped response....
Amiga could be many things, but now that it seems to have become so hopelessly fractured I see little or no hope of anything commercially successful. With that in mind, why do all of these players keep tossing money and effort in only to multiply the problem and further lessen their chance at success.... no sense to it.

Has there been any profitable businesses directly related to Amiga/Amiga OS in the past 10 years? Cloanto maybe? Any others? Everyone else just seems to be burning money. We'll see what iContain and CUSA can do in this next year. If they drag on longer than that, I don't feel much hope for them either. Ah well, back to watching the soap opera

Plaz

Offline number6

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2011, 01:55:04 PM »

Back onto topic - I've been trying to get Todd talking with Rogue.  I emailed Rogue, who told me that to his knowledge Todd hadn't tried to contact Hyperion.

And in response to the quwery - no, I'm not CEO of anything.  Like I said, I started by having a go at iContain, but Todd has convinced me that he deserves to be given a chance.  Not sure why he didn't get a reply from Rogue.

Not that this means anything, but does Amiga Inc.even have a public statement that they've completed a licensing agreement with Todd?

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2011, 02:44:53 PM »

I have to call BS on this one. At various times over the years I've emailed Hyperion, including both Friedens and also Ben Hermans, from disposable email addresses as well as my legitimate email, with perfectly legitimate and courteous questions. I've never once ever gotten any kind of response.