Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What do you want from your Amiga community portal?  (Read 1183 times)

Description:

Offline tiffersTopic starter

What do you want from your Amiga community portal?
« on: June 30, 2010, 02:11:18 AM »
Hi all,

I'd like to hear from the entire (as in, users from all aspects, not every single user personally) Amiga community, about what they expect from an Amiga community portal? I am especially interested in hearing from Australian users.

If one were to create a local community portal, how would you use it? How often would you visit? What sort of content would you expect to see (what would make you come back again and again)?

Is there space in the current community for yet another portal site? What browsers would you be using to access the site? Which technologies would you hate to see in a new portal?

Also, if you run a current portal (especially more popular ones) would you be willing to share stats as to a count of users accessing the site, the percent of that count coming from Australia, browsers in use etc? I'm willing to do this part privately, as not everyone wants these figures out in the open for privacy reasons. I also realise that a publuic thread like this may be un-balanced by a vocal but minority group, so server stats from live, popular portals would be very interesting to me.

I have cross posted this to all the portals I visit, in order to get the widest coverage of Aussie Amigans, please don't hurt me :-)

If you can read portals in other languages (I can only read English ;-) ), and there are features on the non-english portals you think would be good in an english speaking forum, please also let me know about it.

From this discussion I will most likely be posting an online survey for Aussie Amigans to fill out, so I can get some direction on the best way to go for a possible project.

Have at it!

Thanks,

tiffers
Amiga FTW!

Offline tiffersTopic starter

Re: What do you want from your Amiga community portal?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 09:14:20 AM »
Quote from: Colmiga;568083
If you need help with in future with system admin and hosting for this new portal, let me know as I have some experience and contacts.

Nice offer. Thanks :-) I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Which bits would you want covered by the RSS feed? WHat content would you want in this portal?

tiffers
Amiga FTW!