Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: new os3.x software ?  (Read 25856 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: new os3.x software ?
« Reply #119 from previous page: November 15, 2010, 06:55:12 PM »
Quote from: Cammy;548071
Just for the hell of it, I thought I'd post the latest screenshot of my A1200's Workbench. It's running in 16 colours so it's nice and responsive, and you can see both GlowIcons and NewIcons, the drawers for the Christmas game competition games, icons for SabreMSN and AmiMSN (two up-to-date OS3 MSN clients), and Tiny Invaders.

I'm running in PAL High Res Interlace with as much Overscan as my LCD TV will display, running through an RGB-S-Video adapter from AmigaManiac, so there's no flicker, just a nice solid display (with noise-reduction which helps soften the dithering).

WOW!!!! :cool::eek:
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline mechy

« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2010, 07:21:27 PM »
I think its great you may wont to do up some stuff for os3.x and such... all i ask is they aren't bloatware designed to run on a fake emulator system at ridiculous speed. What i mean is i have seen the 68K stuff on aminet contaminated with apps that will not run worth a crap on a real amiga, they are either super slow,or ram hungry to the point they crawl(and im talking on a 060 cyberstorm ppc). Test the stuff is useable on a real machine.

Offline yssing

• Show only replies by yssing
    • http://www.yssing.org
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2010, 08:44:35 PM »
Jiffy >> Actually AGA could do it, since almost any decent LCD screen can show highres laced without flickering and at a good quality. Although limited to 8bit.

And since its now possible to get a new and fast 1230 card, games and programs could very easily be aimed at a minimum spec that is something like 68030/50mhz/32megabyte ram and highres laced.

Offline yssing

« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2010, 08:59:25 PM »
I am thinking, would it not be possbile to make a "css.library" and use it for an updated version of aweb? like javascript us being used on aweb, or am I totally wrong?

The css.library might be made from the netsurf code.

Offline actung_bab

• Show only replies by actung_bab
« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2010, 10:31:11 PM »
first you got find something we all agree on ;-)
l rekon for me be rad to have tversity ported to amiga ,http://tversity.com/
but then alot people think waste of time , but l chould stream tv shows from my amiga that be choice maybe even just music and pics
Acthung baby
http://telnet://midnight-blue.dyndns.org
Cnet 4.60 PRO bbs software
Amiga 1200 020 14 mhz mbz 1200 z pcmcia network card 4 meg ram 2 Gb scandisk cf
Amiga 2000 020
Amiga 4000 030 25 mhz broken
Amiga x 4 1200
x 6 Sony Ps 3 Orginal 60 gb 4  port usb 160 gb hd (os 4.1 ready :-)
what can i say i like thse machines
x 3 XBOX 360 1x xbox 360 slim
url=http://avatars.jurko.net][/

Offline Templario

« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2010, 12:05:46 AM »
There is a easy way, programming games or tools in some language multiplataform as Hollywood, because bounties only for OS3.x, I'm sorry but I'll not put money in them. We need new software for OS4.x, MorphOS and AROS.
Amiga 500 with ROMs 1.3-2.05 and M-Tec AT 500 with hard disk and 4MB Ram.
WinUAE + Original OS 3.5&3.9
Sam440ep 800 MHZ + OS 4.1 F.E.
Sam460ex 1 GHz + OS 4.1 + Update 6. K.O.
MacMini 1.5 GHz + MorphOS 3.9
PowerBook G4 1.65 + MorphOS 3.9

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2010, 12:55:19 AM »
Probably one of the most useful tools for any Amiga user who enjoys programming in 68k is ReSource... :)

Thanks to this little gem of a program I've managed over the years to disassemble and then optimize, bugfix or add new features to many old original pieces of software that I use frequently.

Currently I'm in the process of disassembling AWEB, which I think was written in C originally. Im not knocking the authors of AWEB but when you see the code disassembled then it's obvious that there can be many optimizations done to this program that should help speed it up quite a bit.

I've got a long way to go yet before it's fully disassembled but that's one of my pet peeves about code written in C, it's bloated and not efficient.

It's the same with the roms, there are several hundred optimizations that can be safely made, ok the speed increase in nothing great but as we all know every wasted cycle on the Amiga that you can get rid of can only be a good thing... :)

Offline save2600

• Show only replies by save2600
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2010, 01:05:11 AM »
Hey Franko, the first thing you should "fix" in AWeb is that annoying screen blinking it does as it loads and crunches data. Besides wasting processing power with all those refreshes, it's as if the authors were trying to induce a seizure in their users or perhaps it's some kind of subliminal morse code 'love thy Amiga' message.  :lol:

Offline chris

« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2010, 07:45:23 PM »
Quote from: yssing;592019
I am thinking, would it not be possbile to make a "css.library" and use it for an updated version of aweb? like javascript us being used on aweb, or am I totally wrong?

The css.library might be made from the netsurf code.

http://www.netsurf-browser.org/projects/libcss/
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion
Avatar picture is Tabitha by Eric W Schwartz

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2010, 07:59:29 PM »
Quote from: Templario;592095
There is a easy way, programming games or tools in some language multiplataform as Hollywood, because bounties only for OS3.x, I'm sorry but I'll not put money in them. We need new software for OS4.x, MorphOS and AROS.

Coding for OS friendly (not hardware hammering) apps should allow AOS4.X and MorphOS to run 3.1 app even if written for the 68K.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline yssing

« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2010, 08:32:01 PM »
chriss >> well that is pretty cool...  Then if it can be used with future versions of aweb

Offline Templario

« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2010, 11:56:35 PM »
This is not easy because there are some things that one or other system can't run, for example games with mp3 music files in background, in 68k the mpga.library and on an Amiga classic these games run slow, or using much graphics of big size, this isn't problem with 68k under emulation but not with a real Amiga or running WinUAE in old PCs, for example with CPUs of 600MHZ as is my case, with my old K7.
Amiga 500 with ROMs 1.3-2.05 and M-Tec AT 500 with hard disk and 4MB Ram.
WinUAE + Original OS 3.5&3.9
Sam440ep 800 MHZ + OS 4.1 F.E.
Sam460ex 1 GHz + OS 4.1 + Update 6. K.O.
MacMini 1.5 GHz + MorphOS 3.9
PowerBook G4 1.65 + MorphOS 3.9

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2010, 12:24:57 AM »
People dont expect games with mp3 music or apps like google earth for 68k, users need new software accord to the machine.

Please game developers, mp3 for game music isnt the real thing.
a1200 060

Offline fishy_fizTopic starter

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2010, 07:39:45 AM »
Quote from: Franko;592104
Probably one of the most useful tools for any Amiga user who enjoys programming in 68k is ReSource... :)

Thanks to this little gem of a program I've managed over the years to disassemble and then optimize, bugfix or add new features to many old original pieces of software that I use frequently.

Currently I'm in the process of disassembling AWEB, which I think was written in C originally. Im not knocking the authors of AWEB but when you see the code disassembled then it's obvious that there can be many optimizations done to this program that should help speed it up quite a bit.

I've got a long way to go yet before it's fully disassembled but that's one of my pet peeves about code written in C, it's bloated and not efficient.

It's the same with the roms, there are several hundred optimizations that can be safely made, ok the speed increase in nothing great but as we all know every wasted cycle on the Amiga that you can get rid of can only be a good thing... :)

AWeb is actually open source, so might be easier to just download the sources than disassemble :-)
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2010, 07:46:40 AM »
Quote from: kickstart;592339
People dont expect games with mp3 music or apps like google earth for 68k, users need new software accord to the machine.

Please game developers, mp3 for game music isnt the real thing.

tracker or GTFO :)

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2010, 07:54:05 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;592384
AWeb is actually open source, so might be easier to just download the sources than disassemble :-)

I have the source code for AWeb dowloaded, but they are written in C, as I only write in M68k I need to disassemble the original prog to get it in 68K code... :)

It's a bit of a pain though as the code is scattered all over the place and even with ReSource it's very time consuming trying to disassemble it properly, but from what I have disassembled so far (about 40%) I can already see lot's of places where the code could be optimized and hopefully sped up... :)