Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Software developed for Amiga Emulator  (Read 2471 times)

Description:

Offline smerfTopic starter

• Show all replies
Software developed for Amiga Emulator
« on: December 13, 2009, 06:46:54 PM »
Hi,

Don't you wish they would start developing software for the Amiga Emulator, like Amiga Forever. This way we could have software being developed for the Amiga that could use the PC software. Who knows that maybe in time someone will make the Amiga OS work entirely from a boot on a PC machine. If we look at the facts, the fact is no one is going to invest money into hardware for an Amiga.

OK we have the SAM 440, at its current price how many people looking at buying a new computer are even going to consider it, especially when they see the software being developed for it (is there any) remember most people buying a computer are not Amiga loonies (like me) they are looking for something to buy to serf the internet, do school projects on, science projects, or math projects.

but

With PC hardware, an emulator, and software being produced for an emulator, some people might even look at an Amiga Emulator as a useful option. What is hanging us up now is the transform from Amiga software to WHDload in order to use it, and about 99.9% is all games anyway. How about the everyday software like spreadsheets, Word Processors, databases, analysis and financial packages. Not everyone uses the Amiga for games.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline smerfTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: Software developed for Amiga Emulator
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 03:25:48 AM »
Quote from: amigadave;533767
Any programming aimed at the Amiga community should be done with portability in mind.  Since the community has been fractured in so many different splinter groups, it is most wise to write any programs so that they can easily be ported to all the different groups, such as AmigaOS3.x, AmigaOS4.x, MorphOS2.x, AROS, ICAROS, and even Linux, MacOSX and Windows, so the greatest possibility of distributing your programming effort will be possible.  Either for self gratification in reaching the widest audience, or if your work is to be a commercial product, to maximize your chances of making the most money from selling to the greatest number of different users on multiple platforms.

There are several programming environments, or languages that are available to create your work with that are set up to easily allow cross compilation to multiple platforms, such as Cubic IDE for C/C++ work and Hollywood/Hollywood Designer, just to name two that I own.

Hi,

@Amigadave,

So you are in complete agreement with Amiga Tech.

Make an OS that is completely compatible with any platform.

OK, I guess I will sit around and wait another 10 years to see what A/T comes up with. At the rate they are working at, I am sure I will be dead before they come up with anything successful. I mean I sure hope they come up with something to lead us in the right direction, but they have shown no signs of it as yet.

AROS just downloaded it and installed on my laptop. Looks cute, trying to figure out how to use it, can it use old Amiga software like Final Copy, Pen Pal etc. I don't know as of yet installed on my computer on Friday, but things went haywire the rest of the weekend, did not get a real chance to use it. Can AROS hook up to the internet?

I don't know any answers would be appreciated. Will try to play with it this week, one big disaster I had was the reactivation of Windows 7, yes children, I had to call and reactivate Windows 7 which was installed on my computer since Oct 23, 2009. Ubuntu is beginning to look better and better as a matter of fact the only reason I keep windows around is to play the newer games developed for the PC. I would / will not trust windows for use of any productivity software, or personnal software just because of this reason. So far the only computer that has met my expectations has been my Amiga 4000 which has no data lost since 1993.

Sorry for the blast Amigadave, and Cammy but this thread is to find out if we can come down to some conclusion to get a movement in the best direction to take the Amiga or a like Amiga system that everyone including new computer users will pick to use. I see it as the AF forever, but I can be voted out real fast, and thats the way it should be if we can get together and pick a direction to go in.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better