Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Amiga classic hardware upgrades  (Read 2183 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaNowTopic starter

• Show only replies by AmigaNow
New Amiga classic hardware upgrades
« on: May 05, 2009, 02:32:07 AM »
Probably been posted before, but would be great to have in a single thread upgrades for the Amiga classic that is still being produced.

I'll start with a ROM switcher for the Amiga500 (and others) available new from http://www.amigamaniac.com/ksrs.html

Super fast shipping, considering it came all the way from Australia to get to me.  :-)    You rock! :bow:

Will be installing it this weekend. Can't wait... [Turns out I couldn't wait. Just installed and it works flawlessly, just as advertised. Mega kudos to the amigamaniac :-D ]
I\'m a moonchild. Are You? http://www.iamamoonchild.net

A500 [5MB, KS 3.1+1.3, CFIDE68k], A1000 [512k], A1200T 9Mb [in progress], A1200 4Mb
eMac 1.42Ghz [1Gb, 120Gb IDE, MorphOS]

Offline Rebel-CD32

• Show only replies by Rebel-CD32
Re: New Amiga classic hardware upgrades
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 06:20:59 AM »
This is uncanny, I had the very same idea just today, it's about time a thread like this was started. I have to agree with you about the Kickstart ROM switchers from AmigaManiac, I have one of each of the two models in an A500 and an A600 and they're great. The build quality is top notch, as was the service, but the price was dirt cheap.

I guess we should add a few products that are currently available from several resellers, which are either still in production or have had recent product runs. To be fair, I think we should try to link to as many places that sell this hardware as we can find. I know there are definitely a few smaller, regional stores still selling Amiga stuff around the world that might appreciate some new customers.

Maybe as people post new links to hardware, you can edit the original post to include all the links for easy future reference.

I think by now a lot of people know that GVPm have just made a new run of A1200 030 accelerators, RAM, and possibly accelerators for A2000/A4000 to follow. I'm pretty sure Software Hut sells them.

The A603 seems to be out now, and will give A600 owners twice as much Chip RAM (2mb), a Real-Time Clock, A1200-style Clockport (for further expansions such as the MP3@64 or Subway USB cards) and an expansion to allow you to fit the new Indivision ECS Scan Doubler/Flicker Fixer when it comes out.

Speaking of the Indivision, these things are AWESOME. I have one in this A1200, and it allows me to browse the web without having to scroll sideways on every website by giving me a 1024x768 resolution. They are now available for all A1200 revisions, A4000D and CD32. The Indivision ECS is in development, and should end up being slightly cheaper than the Indivision AGA.

We definitely have to mention the NedoPC A600 8MB Fast RAM card, which is available for preorder through Zetr0 on the English Amiga Board. These expansion cards plug into the CPU of your A600 and allow it to use a full 8MB of Fast RAM, or 5.5MB if using the PCMCIA slot. These are the famous Russian RAM cards that were so hard to get hold of until recently.

There was a recent new run of Subway USB cards too, which I am proud to own myself. These puppies let you use just about any USB device you can poke at it if you have an Amiga with a Clockport and a 030 using the bundled Poseidon USB stack. Using the Anaiis USB stack, you can use mice, keyboards, gamepads and USB printers on any Amiga (68000 included) with a Clockport. The Subway, bundled with an OEM copy of Poseidon is available from AmigaKit.

There's a bloke out there building Playstation-CD32 controller adapters, which let you use a Playstation control pad for any Amiga joystick/pad/mouse game. Only thing is, he doesn't sell them from an online store.
Amiga user forever.

Offline freqmax

• Show only replies by freqmax
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 11:27:50 PM »
Put it on wiki?

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 11:44:21 PM »

freqmax wrote:
Put it on wiki?

Good idea!

Everyone could add or delete products that are currently available, or remove if they have recently become unavailable in one easy place to see and the few remaining dealers could place a link to their sites on the wiki to make it easy for potential buyers to surf to their sites to complete their purchases.

I know nothing about wiki's, don't think I have ever taken the time to use one, but my understanding is that anyone can alter them (which is why I don't depend on their content for anything serious), and I assume that links to other sites can be included in their content.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline amigakit

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 12:27:58 AM »
We currently have 882 different Amiga product lines available so that will be a large list to add.
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline krize

• Show only replies by krize
    • Horrordelic Records
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 01:15:09 AM »
But not all are new manufactured.. Not that it have to be.. But its nice to see wich Amiga hardware companied are left in the market..

Have myself gotten new stuff like: Indivision 1200, idefix express, deneb usb and subway usb..All from the Amazing Individual Computers..
MacMiniG4 MOS 3.18 rulez ... For music check: Horrordelic Records - Dark Psychedelic Music Since 2011 -

Offline freqmax

• Show only replies by freqmax
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 02:26:13 AM »
amigakit, The number of customers that can write wikis hopefully match. It's not a one-mans job ;)

Offline Rabbi

• Show only replies by Rabbi
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 04:39:07 AM »

amigakit wrote:
We currently have 882 different Amiga product lines available so that will be a large list to add.

What about developing an automated (REBOL?) script that will scan that Wiki page vs. what you've got & is not listed on that page that the script would add to it?
--------------------------------------------------------
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?
===================================================================
Computer used:     Amiga A1200 (NTSC version) with 128 MB ...

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 08:15:42 AM »

amigakit wrote:

I thought the thread title would be sufficient to limit the list to just new classic Amiga hardware upgrades, not "new old stock" items, or items that are generic computer items that are also Amiga compatible, such as 2.5" IDE hard drives for an A1200, or A600.

I think your list would shrink significantly from that 882 number.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)