Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Community support idea for this year........ Attend AmiWest!  (Read 1305 times)

Description:

Offline amigadaveTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Community support idea for this year........ Attend AmiWest!
« on: April 06, 2009, 05:50:06 AM »
I know it is way early to start discussing AmiWest, but many people make their vacation plans early in the year.

With all the activity that is still happening in the Amiga community "after all these years" wouldn't it be great to support AmiWest and all other Amiga related events this year by increasing their attendance by 30%, 50%, dare I say even 100% over the attendance numbers from last year?

I had a great time last year at AmiWest and I am already trying to think of ways to make this year even better.  I suggest that all of you choose one or more Amiga events that you could attend and start making your travel plans and thinking of how you can make the event and your participation there a worthwhile activity for yourself and others in our tiny niche community.

We had a great dinner after AmiWest last year, where it seemed that almost everyone from the show met at the same restaurant/bar to eat and afterward, without any set plan for it to happen, many people ended up coming to my hotel room to watch and play with Chris C's newly purchased MiniMig and talk about various topics until there was no more room to fit another person into the room.  The guys from AmigaKit were there, Jens from Individual Computers too and many, many more.  The last of them did not leave until well after midnight and I had all the capacitors replaced on my A1200 mobo for free (I just paid for the parts) by one of the members here who had volunteered his services.  It was preventative maintenance, not a repair and I can't thank you enough for your patience and fine work.  We had a great time and I look forward to this year being even better.

Let's max out the capacity of the hotel where AmiWest is usually held and have one hell of an Amiga party this year!
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)