Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Amiga Site Project... Help Needed  (Read 1432 times)

Description:

Offline HopperJFTopic starter

• Show only replies by HopperJF
    • http://www.michael-powell.blogspot.com
New Amiga Site Project... Help Needed
« on: November 06, 2008, 12:47:07 PM »
Hi folks, basically I have a plan to create a new Amiga website, called something along the lines of Amiga Answers.com, a resource to offer technical tips and have a question-orientated layout split into categories.

For example there would be a hardware section so people can find out technical or basic Q&As on all Amiga hardware including classic and the new SAM boards, a software section and depending on how successful we become a for sale section with no registration neccessary along the lines of what Amibench used to be. I know there are other sites for this now but a registration-free site where people are willing to take the risk could be no bad thing in my opinion.

I am looking at people who may be interested in helping out in any way they can.
Because I am only poor unfortunately none of the work will be paid and I will not be making any profit from the site it would be run strictly off my own back with donations welcome

I am look at creating a visually impressive, serious site and aim to become the site which people refer to when they have a question and want a quick answer.

I am not looking to rival this site or any other Amiga forums out there since I think they are all great places for discussion and we don't need another one, hence there will be no forum.

It will strictly be questions and answers. There will be an E-Mail link of course where people can E-Mail if something is answered inaccurately.

SO what do you all think?

At the moment I am looking of course for people with technical Amiga knowledge, good web coders and people good at creating website graphics. My coding is very limited and my role would be to simply oversee the whole project, run the site and pay for the webspace.

So if anyone is interested then please reply to this thread rather than PM as I want to keep it in view for anyone who could help us.

Thanks Amiga.org
Religion is for people who believe in hell.
Spirituality is for people who have been there.

Offline tribz

• Show only replies by tribz
Re: New Amiga Site Project... Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 12:54:53 PM »
Good luck with it but whats with the links to the politics. I'm here for a bit of escapism into my amiga fix.

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 06:15:18 PM »
All headlights on all the time, brillaint idea.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  Reduces accidents by up to 30% fact.

Patio heraters banned by 2014, again good, these things are so so so bad for the enviroment, since the smoking ban the numbers in use have rocketed.
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 06:24:55 PM »

tribz wrote:
Good luck with it but whats with the links to the politics. I'm here for a bit of escapism into my amiga fix.

The site will be a politics-free zone, as will this thread I hope  :-)

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 06:25:53 PM »

Patio heraters banned by 2014, again good, these things are so so so bad for the enviroment, since the smoking ban the numbers in use have rocketed.

Probably because elderly smokers dont want to die of pneumonia.. but we shall get back on topic shall we?

Offline impactor

• Show only replies by impactor
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 07:33:24 PM »

JJ wrote:
All headlights on all the time, brillaint idea.  Nothing wrong with that at all.  Reduces accidents by up to 30% fact.

You forgot to mention the destruction of soverign nations to create the United States of Europe.

Yeah, great idea  :crazy:
A1200T Apollo DKB 1240@28MHz/16 MB/4.2 GB HD/OS 3.5.

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 09:31:18 PM »
YAY AMIGA!
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

Offline Quagmire

• Show only replies by Quagmire
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/QuagmireZ31
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 11:14:48 PM »
YAY Politics

Sorry couldn't resist :-D
A2000, A1000, A500

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 01:51:49 PM »
Bump
Back on-topic, DaveyD an admin at a "rival" site  ;-) has gave the project his support and will be willing to help out if it gets off the ground.

If anyone on here is interested in helping out then please post and ignore the posts off-topic  :-)

Edit: An offer of webhosting has also came up which I shall look into if we can make this project work