Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Genesi and Amiga Inc. to the next millenium tougether?  (Read 2310 times)

Description:

Offline AmiDelfTopic starter

• Show only replies by AmiDelf
    • http://www.amitopiatv.com
Genesi and Amiga Inc. to the next millenium tougether?
« on: September 15, 2006, 03:21:38 AM »
After years of consideration of what to choose, I must say that I am very happy with MorphOS and Genesi. Though, its not so good relationship between Bill Buck and MOS team it seems, but MorphOS is alive and its got hardware which seems to be produced even today.

With what I have read in AI answers, I must say that I am really happy for beeing able to use MorphOS today. Yes, MorphOS got problems too, but not in the same way as AmigaOS4 which have no hardware beeing produced which is licensed.

This is not a MorphOS is any better post, but in terms of company relationship, company handling etc. Even with Genesi beein lazy ones, they actually are alive. Bill Buck talks with the community, same with MOS team. He is active on Amiga forums etc and want some action in Amiga era which is good.

I would be happy if Genesi got the Amiga rights, because these people knows how to do bussines it seems. Even if its history have been bumpy. Genesi got deals with Freescale, IBM, created ppczone, a part of power.org and more. Genesi is active in areas and I hope that will help MorphOS in longer term.. and in the end I wish that OS4 will be able to run on PegasosII...

The day Amiga Inc. and Genesi works tougether, thats when Amiga is fully back on track. Until then, I dont see any big future for OS4. And with OS4emu for MorphOS, it helps OS4 alive in that MorphOS be able to run OS4 programs until a good sollution comes up.

I wish that Amiga Inc. would stand up - I wish that Genesi would stand up - I wish that Elbox was more co-operative with the community ... if Amiga Inc. dont do anything, Genesi will win because they are here, they have the hardware and apps which Amiga users love.

PegasosII is here and it is AmigaOS compatible! Supporting the future is wise, and I wish that Amiga Inc. would be a part of something that gave all Amigans the good feeling back.

Amigans have lived too long with empty promisses,.. the users have allways been the key to Amiga Inc. and Genesi survival. Amigans have changed to PC, MAC or LINUX.. but most thinks of AMIGA. Because that is their home :) When telling x-Amigans about PegasosII or AmigaONE they stands up either buy it or thinking about buying it. I know several people on net which have bought because of me telling about PegasosII to them. They are happy with MorphOS. It would be wrong of me talking about AmigaONE, since there is no hardware beeing sold for it atm.

I wish Amiga alive, and I am certain that mostly of you here also wants that. But to make it survive either as red or blue. The owners should stand more out and be tougether with the community. Listen to what users says and more. Just look at GPX2, its been formed by users. Amiga have been that all its life.

I want Amiga to stay no matter what and I will never leave it, because AmigaOS is my home, even if I use Windows or OSX daily. AmigaOS offers something that the other bigones wont offer. A community which is strong! Thanks for beeing here.

Regards,
Michal

Sorry for my bad English. I hope that you understand it though :)
I love and respect people which care! And not those with
a heart made of stone.

Offline Jose

• Show only replies by Jose
Re: Genesi and Amiga Inc. to the next millenium tougether?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 03:33:57 AM »
My advice to everyone is if you've been here for so long don't lose your time with this crap anymore and do something usefull instead like learning to code (no, it's not that difficult) or  maybe better get on with your lives... 8-)
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

Offline pierre

• Show only replies by pierre
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 03:35:36 AM »
amen... all true...  We can only HOPE that that will happen, but it not like they did not already try.  Working with a.inc is not a very professional proposition!  IF amiga inc where to do this they  would/should have doen so YEARS ago.  It a bit late for PPC hardware, but at this point is a.inc ONLY way of actualy realeasing os4 that I can see.  AmigaOS can be your home, but if you want a modern OS I recomend linux, it's quite  powerfull and uptodate.  No matter what happens at this point amigaOS will never be as powerfull as linux. It still fun and the older version are realy cool considering there age, the news stuff is nice but NOT a revolution like OS1.3!  Amiga stopped being cutting edge many moons ago.
enjoy    

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 06:24:05 AM »
amidelf:

tru dat.  Next month Bill Buck is going to Austin, right up the street from me so I'll see if anyone wants to ask Bill Buck 25 questions and post it up on MZ.
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 07:22:17 AM »
Genesi and Amiga Inc. to the next millenium tougether?

So we have to wait until the year 3000? Sounds about right :roll:

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline CLS2086

• Show only replies by CLS2086
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 07:54:16 PM »
How much time is the patent's life ?
It's just 25 years i remember, so we might see soon some "classic" compatible  ;-). For the software its depend of where you live  :rtfm: between 10 and 150 years...
Keep the Faith !
VG 5000/A1000/500/500+/600/2000/CDTV/1200PPC-GREX/1200PPC -ATEO-BV/4060D/CD32/Aone/Peg 1/Peg2 G4/ various funny machines too  :-) http://www.mo5.com/collection/index.php?pseudo=CLS2086
I also repair drives of our old beloved Amiga