Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: RADAR  (Read 1988 times)

Description:

Offline HyperspeedTopic starter

• Show only replies by Hyperspeed
RADAR
« on: January 12, 2006, 04:04:52 AM »
Can we have a thread maybe dedicated to what the hell Amiga Inc. is doing right now? I read the news regularly but am pretty lost as to what's going on.

Somewhere that just remains empty until concrete news comes in and no small talk about Pegasos Vs AmigaOne?

Offline Thomas

Re: RADAR
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 10:56:21 AM »

There is nothing Amiga Inc. is doing right now. They are dedicated to their PDA games and do nothing for the existing Amiga community. All work is done by other companies.

Bye,
Thomas

Offline justthatgood

• Show only replies by justthatgood
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 12:49:26 PM »
I can't even believe there is any market in PDA games :-? Most of the games that I've played on PDA/Cellphones weren't all that great.  I know on my cellphones, I don't really play the games on them. I would rather spend any free time that I have trying to read a book or keep up with news.

Yeah that's actually what we need.  More people doing more stuff with their cellphones then what they are suppose to be doing.  Isn't it bad enough I have to deal with the man or woman that is driving the huge SUV, blocking 1 1/2 lanes, driving slowing then a turtle crawl, yakking on the cellpone?   Do I really have to worry about people trying to order some of Amiga Inc's crappy games while switching lanes in traffic?

Seriously, I don't think they even deserve to have any mention of the word Amiga.  They shouldn't even have any mention of Amiga OS on their webpage.  They should even go as far as to change their name to "We Sell Stupid Games Inc.", instead of trying to drive the knife deeper by flaunting the fact that they have the license, but don't support or want anything to do with the roots.

ARGGGH!!!!! I'm going back to more coffee  :ranting:
[color=008000]Pluto[/color]:Amiga4KD- 64040/16megs/1GB WD/PAR 2150/1942/WB3.0,3.1,3.9
[color=800080]Amanda[/color]:Amiga2KHD/A2620/8MegSupraRam2k/A2091/VLab

Offline Oliver

• Show only replies by Oliver
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 01:08:29 PM »
Haha.  Much agreed. :lol:   Pretty lacking in vision or enterprise.  Aim low, and the people to be disappointed are the amigans.

Read the interview with McEwen on M$ site: first he praises M$ for being so great and easy to work with, and how wonderful it is to have such a powerful business partner which can just get things done, then in another question he says how difficult it was, getting the run-around from M$, having so much difficulty selling his ideas to so many different people, and never getting any action/commitment.  Now there's a guy with backbone.
Good good study, day day up!

Offline Seehund

• Show only replies by Seehund
    • http://AmigaPOP.8bit.co.uk/
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 03:00:42 PM »

Thomas wrote:

There is nothing Amiga Inc. is doing right now. They are dedicated to their PDA games and do nothing for the existing Amiga community.

Hey, that's not fair! Think of all they're doing* AGAINST AmigaOS and the community! :)

* Granted, that work doesn't take much effort, but that's just because they're geniouses.
[color=0000FF]Maybe it\\\'s still possible to [/color]save AmigaOS [color=0000FF][/size][/color]  :rtfm:......

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 03:44:48 PM »
Check out our recent news. There is the article about Amiga, Inc.'s deal with ICTV and there was one last fall about one with the NHL. Other than that nobody has a clue.

Has anyone seen anything in the realm of hockey amigawise?