Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OZZY OSBOURNE: 'I Would Gladly Give It All Up Just To Be Simple Old OZZY Again'  (Read 844 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
SOURCE <-- [color=ff0000]WARNING!! LOTS OF FOUL LANGUAGE!![/color]

In a brand new interview with the Classic Rock magazine, Ozzy Osbourne spoke about the success of "The Osbournes" and the impact his newfound status as a TV star has had on the way he is perceived by his longtime fans.

"When 'The Osbournes' took off, I thought, 'Man, I've probably shattered eight million dreams in one ****ing airing,'" he said. "I've had people I've admired over the years. I've built up a mental picture of them, and then when I've met them it's been a bit of a letdown. So yes, it did cross my mind a lot, the fact I've disappointed people. And if I have, I'm sorry. At the end of the day, with 'The Osbournes', I ****ing hated it. I only really noticed how big-time I had become when the music industry began to invite me to posh functions. All these executives kept on wanting to meet me for some reason. Again, I don't like it. My wife's more of a socialite.

"Look, man, this is how it happened. 'The Osbournes' took off, then my son got hooked on heroin, my daughter got strung out on pills, I ended up back on the p*ss, and my wife got cancer of the colon.

"For all the money we have, the way we live, the cars we drive, the first-class travel we take...I would gladly give it all up just to be simple old Ozzy again."

Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
i love ozzy - he's not afraid to be real. :-D
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline the_leander

• Show only replies by the_leander
    • http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/
In my eyes the guy gained an awful lot of respect. I loved his music for years, but to see how his drug addled brain coped with every day situations, to see just how much he loves his family, well that impressed me greatly.

There will never be another Ozzy, nore should there be. :-)
Blessed Be,
Alan Fisher - the_leander

[SIGPIC]http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/[/SIGPIC]

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa

cecilia wrote:
i love ozzy - he's not afraid to be real. :-D

I agree mostly, I've always loved his music. I can't stand the reality show though. I was barely able to sit through 2 episodes and I had to give up. Ozzy stumbling around like an alzheimer's patient while Sharon and the kids act like spoiled little rich kids is just not terribly entertaining. It certainly created and still creates alot of Oh Ozzy, what happened to you? feeling with old metalheads.

It's mixed though. First thought was he desrvered it after all the bad he did to Sharon, like trying to kill her. But after a while, you just feel pity.

i hope old Ozzy comes back, the Prince of Darkness;-)
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline McNorris

• Show only replies by McNorris
Ozzy is to Metal, what Elvis is to 50s Rock...

Prophets (not being religious, I prefer "heros").

Ozzy still kicks ass. I figured the show was staged anyway. It just like the Who saying, "our last tour."
B F'in S

If somebody says "Ozzy, what good is he," or "he's a doddering old fool" (or something to that effect). I say what Ozzy taught me to say in the first place...

"UP YOUR A$$!"

Long Live Rock & Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where to get the news that matters...
http://www.theonion.com...