Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A1 + MOL + VPC  (Read 2657 times)

Description:

Offline Desler

• Show all replies
Re: A1 + MOL + VPC
« on: February 22, 2003, 05:12:46 PM »
There are many other reasons to run a win emu than just to use office. There are a lot of fx reasearch programs that are written for windows only  :-( not many of those needs an ultra faaast pc and are therefore perfect suited for an emulation.
I would consider buying a good x86 emulator even if it cost as much as a outdated pc. Why ?? space and time considerations. Who wants to connect a bunch of cables, power up a second computer, swap files between them one way or another, when you just as well could have a screen running win95 behind you WB screen?
The horse is a fierce predatory animal!!!

Offline Desler

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2003, 01:04:57 PM »
@Yoodoo
It was my understanding that Bochs was PAINFULLY slow. How is your take on this? Is it ok if you just want to run fx office?

Offline Desler

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2003, 01:27:03 PM »
6 HOURS !!!! it sounds like something you would expect with pc-task and a 68030. Yeah I know that Bochs is super compatible and written in C and therefore is slow as hell. Does anyone know if its possible to scoup out the c code for the pentium and include a ppc assembler version instead. Would this give any noticable speed increases???

Offline Desler

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2003, 08:20:08 PM »
As far as I know Bochs IS modular, eventhough im no expert. I base this on a faq I read about Bochs I think they mentioned something about using the systems real x86 CPU. But of course I cannot find the link anywhere.
But then again 10 mhz on a g3 600mhz. That just poor. Now if only we could get the guy behind pctask to remove the dependencies for custom chip set. Even in 680x0 emulation mode this would make circles around Bochs :-)
Oh by the way the morphos/amiga version of Bochs is maintained by a guy called Nicholai Benalal. I have no idea who he is or how far he has gotten