Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Replacement Workbench 3.1 Disk Sets www.amigakit.com  (Read 6715 times)

Description:

Offline Gulliver

Re: New Replacement Workbench 3.1 Disk Sets www.amigakit.com
« on: November 03, 2014, 10:57:56 PM »
Q: Wasn´t Cloanto´s workbench distribution license only valid for emulation purposes? If then, can this be considered an ilicit act?

Could anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

Offline Gulliver

Re: New Replacement Workbench 3.1 Disk Sets www.amigakit.com
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 03:57:10 PM »
Quote from: paolone;776688
OMG. 20+ years old software has been taken out from the grave of an ADF-only existence, for the delight of people who *needs* to use it on vintage systems, and you have to be worried about the licenses? This initiative should have been taken by the OS owners (A. Inc) or direct licensee (Hyperion), while you have to thank Cloanto, once again, for the great work and the useful service it did.

Relax, I am pretty sure Michele and others at Cloanto correctly verified all the legal issues before doing this, considering the attention too much people pays in futile things.

I am relaxed. It is that it is just funny to watch the cyberpirate police doing this kind of thing. Irony at its best.

And, I dont need to thank anyone. It is just another business. If it was a non profit scheme, then they would surely deserve gratitude.

So chill out mate, and enjoy the bumpy ride! :)