Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AK-Datatypes In Development  (Read 14525 times)

Description:

Offline rxxic

Re: AK-Datatypes In Development
« on: June 03, 2020, 08:49:56 PM »
What does datatypes v46 offer over the official datatypes then? And how is compatibility with future “official” OS3 releases, or is this the dawn of yet another OS3 “spin”?

Our developers are working hard to make sure that it is compatible with legacy versions.   However with almost zero documentation, there is a lot of trial and error.  Additionally the guidelines that Commodore published back in 1993 have not been adhered to by third-party datatype developers since and this means that our new library needs to be forgiving enough with the many datatypes out there on Aminet.

For the future, we have some interesting plans.  If you recall the sound datatype project replacement introduced streaming for the first time to the Amiga.  The new project of the datatype library is a foundation for many progressive developments.  No one has worked on the datatype system in any meaningful way since the late 90's.  It is exciting to plan for the possibilities and follow the path that Commodore would have gone down with the system if they had survived.  Watch this space!

Will the akJPEG Datatype also read the EXIF metadata? Now that would be useful!

Offline rxxic

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 08:52:24 PM »
What do you mean with 'again'?
convinced, again.

Anyways, just an idea - AmigaKit/AEON could possibly have their own operating system by buying pOS from ProDAD (if possible) and build their business on that.

If I was them, I'd buy the sources for Windows 3.0. It already runs on my Amiga2500 with Bridgeboard card. It could be ported to the 68000, imagine the potential!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline rxxic

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 11:54:32 AM »
pffffuahahahahahaha! :D ;D