Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: C64 Basic Upgrade  (Read 20819 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: C64 Basic Upgrade
« on: March 21, 2013, 05:26:39 AM »
Simon's BASIC was pretty popular, and also has a compiler. Noticably faster than the inbuilt basic v2.0, but also inherited a lot of v7.0.

As for function keys, theyre programmable even with even the inbuilt basic (they have ascii values)
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: C64 Basic Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 01:03:36 PM »
@Jiffy

Ah ok. My experiments with Simon's BASIC were mostly writing games, which is probably why it was faster for me (ie. pretty grahpics heavy). As for inheriting stuff from BASIC v7.0 I guess Id misinterpreted the description, "heavily enhanced and featuring many features from BASIC 7.0" (or something to that effect) from back when I played with it some time around 2000.

Regardless it was fun. Cant really recall how we came up with the idea, but me and a friend decided to try to make a monkey island clone in basic for the c64, and simon's basic sounded interesting so we gave it a go. :)
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.