Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore USA  (Read 16974 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
Re: Commodore USA
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2010, 03:02:17 AM »
Quote from: BigBenAussie;579350
@kolla
You guys have no idea. Not a clue.
You look at today and think that is the way it will always be.
Like companies don't grow and evolve or something.
Maybe you're used to stagnation in this little Amigaland, entirely due to companies trying to cater specifically to you, and you're never satisfied anyway.
I am definitely looking forward to the day when you'll be eating your words.

Some of us have dipped our feet in the pond and know how deep the water is.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2010, 03:12:08 AM »
Quote from: redrumloa;579429
Some of us have dipped our feet in the pond and know how deep the water is.

BTW. Tell Barry that if he was not grifting community art for promotional purposes, there probably wouldn't have been an such an uproar in the "community".
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline DonnyEMU

• Show only replies by DonnyEMU
    • http://blog.donburnett.com
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2010, 04:53:25 AM »
About my cult status: I have actually been here helping people when they actually have questions on things like AmigaDOS, Intuition, Exec, Commodities, AREXX, creating device drivers, S: DEVS: LIBS: etc.. I was an original Commodore developer program member in 1984-85 (how many people here can actually say that, and yes I still have the A1000 and it still runs).. That's why I have cult status here, when there actually is a glimmer of discussion about something like gfxbase etc I am a pretty good resource for that kind of information. Unfortunately the last few years no one asks questions like this.. It's all this blah blah other platform, anyone who uses the Commodore or Amiga name is evil and bad.. Time moves on and people move on.. In some ways I believe the only healthy group that moved on here is the AROS folks.. They have a viable platform and they are moving forward with their own new software. If I looked into creating software I am not even sure I could find a hyperion developer program to even look into getting current information there.. I hope I am wrong about that one, but I wish it was more apparent where to find that information..

I also didn't take the comments as scarcasm, because at the end of Commodore, I heard from a lot of the USA management (not the CATS folks) that they were planning on stepping up PC production in the USA over Commodore-Amiga sales.. I believe that's what was Medhi Ali's stated direction because they thought it would save Commodore from Debt and they'd win over the XOR patent trolls who were at that time an annoyance that they needs to throw money at..

Also people sell hardware like what Commodore USA sells as put together kits.. In the USA the low end market is now put together kit stuff like this that you put together yourself. You buy it at places like Micro Center, Frys, NewEgg etc..  I suspect that if they sell things with a "class a" thing there it will see distribution as do it yourself kits here..  I think that's a smart idea. Most people roll their own PCs here (unless it's a laptop or a netbook).. It would make sense to do it this way (not selling in Toys'R'Us who wouldn't sell it today anyway) or Walmart who wouldn't either..
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 05:10:43 AM by DonnyEMU »
======================================
Don Burnett Developer
http://blog.donburnett.com
don@donburnett.com
======================================

Offline SysAdmin

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2010, 06:50:07 AM »
@DonnyEMU

Using this thread as a FUD machine against Amiga OS 4.x is way off topic. If you don't know how to find dev tools for it look out your Window sometime. Google is your friend, but I have a feeling you use Bing.
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2010, 07:32:40 AM »
Quote from: Transition;579453
@DonnyEMU

Using this thread as a FUD machine against Amiga OS 4.x is way off topic.
Seeing such (well founded) criticsm as "FUD machine" is rather curious. There's no question that beginning to develop to any of the current amigoid incarnations is really hard. The information is scattered to number of forums and there's no centralized location to begin your quest.

Off topic? Well sure, but no-one is on topic all the time here.

"FUD machine against Amiga OS 4.x"? Oh please. Nothing in that message is FUD, but genuine frustration of the situation as it is today.

If this is the official line of amiga.org webmaster I need to seriously reconsider staying a member here.

Google is your friend, but I have a feeling you use Bing.
What the ...?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 07:34:55 AM by Piru »

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2010, 08:20:48 AM »
@Piru

You don't know the history. No reason to leave here. DonnyEMU is probability just as much against MorphOS as he is Amiga OS 4.x. His FUD machine will spread to MorphOS too, give him time. He is only here to spread pro Microsoft propaganda and looking for Windows fans. He once was an Amiga user but that was 1000's of years ago. He looking to spread MS news and is pro M$ everything, nothing to see here move along. He only pretends to like Amiga stuff in hopes that he will get converts to the church of Microsoft.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 08:23:24 AM by Pyromania »

Offline kolla

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2010, 08:21:11 AM »
Quote from: DonnyEMU;579441
I also didn't take the comments as scarcasm, because at the end of Commodore, I heard from a lot of the USA management (not the CATS folks) that they were planning on stepping up PC production in the USA over Commodore-Amiga sales.

But that was not at all what my comment was about - you think people here complain about some company "abusing" the Commodore name? People here in general do not give a rats ass about the Commodore name, which has been "abused" over and over since the days of CBM, for many of us even the old Commodore was "evil". If you had been paying any attention, you would know that this is not what people have been moaning about - and I for one, have pointed out several times that if CBM had been alive today, we would most likely have seen windows based Amiga machines back in the 90ies already.

Btw, I love how you refrain from quoting the messages you comment, assuring that you can "answer" whatever you like out of context, making it so much harder to figure out what the heck you're rambling on about :laughing:
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC
---
A3000/060CSPPC+CVPPC/128MB + 256MB BigRAM/Deneb USB
A4000/CS060/Mediator4000Di/Voodoo5/128MB
A1200/Blz1260/IndyAGA/192MB
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
A600/A6095
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox
CD32/TF328
A500/V500v2
A500/MTec520
CDTV
MiSTer, MiST, FleaFPGAs and original Minimig
Peg1, SAM440 and Mac minis with MorphOS

Offline Piru

• \' union select name,pwd--
    • Show only replies by Piru
    • http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2010, 08:26:22 AM »
Quote from: Pyromania;579467
@Piru

You don't know the history.

How is that relevant?

Your comment came out bad. It seemed as if it was a policy statement, and it certainly had a chilling effect.

You need to be very careful when posting comments wearing the hat you're wearing.

No reason to leave here. DonnyEMU is probability just as much against MorphOS as he is Amiga OS 4.x. His FUD machine would will spread to MorphOS too, give him time.

If that's supposed to somehow validate your behaviour, it doesn't.

He is only here to spread pro Microsoft propaganda and looking for Windows fans. He once was an Amiga user but that was 1000's of years ago. He looking to spread MS news and is pro M$ everything, nothing to see here move along.

Are you serious here? Are we going to put down people because they like to use Windows?

Just to clarify: Is this your personal opinion or official amiga.org policy?

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2010, 08:29:52 AM »
Of course we don't care if you use Windows, most people use it. But DonnyEMU's pro everything M$ love feast gets old after a while. They should get a room already. This is not Amiga.org policy, just personal opinion. He should embrace his deep love of M$ on Microsoft forums, it's not welcome here. He always has a hidden agenda to sneak in M$ propaganda because he has friends there. Lots of cool people work at Microsoft, but they bang their head against the wall trying to change things at that old school company.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 08:34:33 AM by Pyromania »

Offline cicero790

• Show only replies by cicero790
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2010, 08:39:07 AM »
I think this is fun by the following string of reasons.

Amiga Emulation on Win/Lin = Fun  (probably by far the most used method for using Amiga today.)
Amiga Emulation on NextGen Recreated Ami OS = (Fun+Fun)
Amiga Emulation integrated in NextGen Recreated Ami OS = (Fun*Fun)(the have it all scenario.)
Recreated  Ami OS + NEW Commodore Amiga HW = (the have it all, all worlds colliding scenario + cake.)

We do what we must because we can.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF_IBrHsuzA

I'm curious to see C=USA realize their ideas.

@Kolla
Your idea about the icons was liked over at the Aros exec.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:34:37 AM by cicero790 »
A1200 030 40MHz: 2/32MB Indivision AGA MkII
A600 7 MHz: 2MB
AROS 600 MHz
PC 13600 MHz: quad core i7 2600K 3.4GHz: 16GB RAM: ATI HD6950 2GB   (Yes I know)

WINUAE AmiKit ClassicWB AmigaSYS UAE4Droid  

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2010, 10:02:04 AM »
Quote from: Pyromania;579471
Of course we don't care if you use Windows, most people use it. But DonnyEMU's pro everything M$ love feast gets old after a while. They should get a room already. This is not Amiga.org policy, just personal opinion. He should embrace his deep love of M$ on Microsoft forums, it's not welcome here. He always has a hidden agenda to sneak in M$ propaganda because he has friends there. Lots of cool people work at Microsoft, but they bang their head against the wall trying to change things at that old school company.

Jesus.  How old are you ?

Any minute now you will start calling it winblows.

Who cares if he loves Windows.  

I am more concerned about your agenda.  Grow up
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline swoslover

• Show only replies by swoslover
    • http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Relictronic-Boutique
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2010, 11:45:39 AM »
Quote from: JJ;579480
Jesus.  How old are you ?

Any minute now you will start calling it winblows.

Who cares if he loves Windows.  

I am more concerned about your agenda.  Grow up

seconded, the poster (from chicago) is seriously irritating me and I cant understand why someobne so lacking in maturity could be a moderator on this excellent forum

I actually have to admit windows 7 is a bit of a guilty pleasure

It doesn't lessen the love I have for my miggy, but I need to move with the times
A1200
CD32
A4000

Offline Golem!dk

• Show only replies by Golem!dk
    • http://www.google.com/
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2010, 12:13:33 PM »
Yup, have to say these messages from Transition/Pyromania reflect poorly on the site administration.
~

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2010, 12:15:22 PM »
This whole CommodoreUSA thing is being blown way out of all proportion. Let this guy try and run his business using the Commodore Name.

I don't know anything about the guy and all I know from his site is he is selling nothing more than what seems to me are PCs in some custom cases.

All us long time Amiga users know, as history has shown that their will most likely never be a new Amiga in the true spirit of the word. So why all this fuss over someone using the commodore name.

If your dumb enough to buy a machine just because its got the name Commodore on it, thinking that it's a real Amiga or C64 then thats your tough luck, you should research the product first before you buy it.

If this like his and all the other machines that have been and gone over recent times, and the ones that are still being promised by other companies ever come to fruition then we can judge them for what they are.

Until such a time comes, which I doubt it ever will, stick to the original hardware you own or buy second hand genuine Amiga hardware, and cut the crap and petty name calling over something that doesn't even exist yet.

Seems to me some of the folk on here need to borrow my medication and chill out a bit... :)

Offline kolla

« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2010, 12:21:36 PM »
Quote from: Franko;579499
So why all this fuss over someone using the commodore name.

Sigh - again, that's not what the fuss is about! :hammer:
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC
---
A3000/060CSPPC+CVPPC/128MB + 256MB BigRAM/Deneb USB
A4000/CS060/Mediator4000Di/Voodoo5/128MB
A1200/Blz1260/IndyAGA/192MB
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
A600/A6095
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox
CD32/TF328
A500/V500v2
A500/MTec520
CDTV
MiSTer, MiST, FleaFPGAs and original Minimig
Peg1, SAM440 and Mac minis with MorphOS

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #74 from previous page: September 15, 2010, 12:25:56 PM »
Quote from: kolla;579500
Sigh - again, that's not what the fuss is about! :hammer:

Ok Kolla, explain what al the fuss is about... :)