Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: boot my A4000 from Df:0  (Read 638 times)

Description:

Offline Sundance2022Topic starter

• Show only replies by Sundance2022
boot my A4000 from Df:0
« on: December 18, 2023, 03:04:51 AM »
I am checking out all my Amiga stuff to sell and I am having an issue with my 4000 booting from floppy or my Gotek. It wants to boot from df:1 not df:0. I thought it was a bad drive but the Amiga Test Kit floppy boots fine and tells me the floppy is df:1.Also part of the problem, is it been a long time since I messed with my Amigas and I have forgotten most of what I once knew. Image is attached (monitor is fine this is because I used a cellphone).

Offline Boing-ball

Re: boot my A4000 from Df:0
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2023, 01:38:58 PM »
I am checking out all my Amiga stuff to sell and I am having an issue with my 4000 booting from floppy or my Gotek. It wants to boot from df:1 not df:0. I thought it was a bad drive but the Amiga Test Kit floppy boots fine and tells me the floppy is df:1.Also part of the problem, is it been a long time since I messed with my Amigas and I have forgotten most of what I once knew. Image is attached (monitor is fine this is because I used a cellphone).

1st check that you have the drive on the correct part of the cable. There are 2 connectors. If memory serves it should be DF0 on the twisted end.

2nd Check the Jumpers on the Mainboard. Is it set to DF0 internally?

3rd Is the jumper on the floppy drive set to DS0.

Offline Sundance2022Topic starter

• Show only replies by Sundance2022
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2023, 02:45:39 AM »
All OK took a hell of a lot of cable and jumper swiping. Still can get the CD-ROM drive to read. It powers on and open/closes so I'm guessing its drivers. Where might I look for drivers? I know this drive worked at one time so I don't think it's the drive.

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 12:42:16 PM »
CD drives will work on an Amiga. For them to work, you will need a CDfilesystem in L: and a Mount point in Devs:DOSDrivers

My go to is a program called idefix97. Run the program in “Expert mode”. Especially if using OS3.2 and don’t choose to have the startup-sequence changed. If using 3.0 to 3.1.4 then this is fine to have the startup-sequence changed.
At the end it will help you identify the CD drive and set this up for you.

http://aminet.net/package/driver/media/IDEfix97