Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Which ClassicWB for me?  (Read 2695 times)

Description:

Offline mbobTopic starter

• Show only replies by mbob
Re: Which ClassicWB for me?
« Reply #29 from previous page: May 31, 2015, 11:41:05 PM »
I just grabbed one of these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161121922148

And am crossing my fingers this is the fix to all my problems. I also dug a post I made when I bought this 1200/040 in 2011 where I seemed to have traced this to the memory then. I did buy a SIMM back then but it wasn't good. This one is advertised for an 040 so wish me luck.

Offline mechy

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2015, 02:28:15 AM »
Quote from: danbeaver;790185
Does anybody other than me just set up their Amiga on their Amiga?  You know, use floppy disks and CD's?

Of course :)

Offline paul1981

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2015, 10:30:25 PM »
Quote from: mbob;790305
This gave some different errors with WHDLoad getting devs:kickstarter/kick errors.

It also did not fix the system crashing when ram reaches around 16GB (half).  So I guess I need to start hunting down some ram for it.

If the new ram simm doesn't fix your problem then I'd be taking another careful look at your Kickstart files in Devs/Kickstarts.

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2015, 11:25:04 PM »
Quote from: danbeaver;790185
Does anybody other than me just set up their Amiga on their Amiga?  You know, use floppy disks and CD's?

I guess I am one with that problem to, but I use one of those new USB drives, which makes setting up WB 3.1 a snap, I have all my WB disks copied to a USB drive, then all the programs I usually use, like Disk Master II, lharc, buddha ide, or ide97, and then my word processor, and etc. One of these days when I get done playing around with building a solar heater for the house, and rebuilding my nicad batts for my black and decker tools, then I am going to get into seeing if I can put the whole WB 3.1, 3.5, and 3.9 on that USB stick, but bass fishing season starts soon so off I go to the lakes. Been a long hard winter can't wait for the first day of Bass.
So Yes, I still use floppies, cd's etc. Works for me.
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2015, 11:36:59 PM »
Quote from: mbob;790215
I would but I'm really green with how to work things since I do not have floppies outside of workbench.  I need to figure out how to get ADF's over so transporting a winuae build seems like the easiest way.

Hey get a Gotek drive with its programs, read the instructions on how to use it, you put the ADF files on the Gotek USB and you are ready to play.

If you have an old 1011 drive around, just remove the face plate and the floppy drive and set them aside where you know where they are at, and mount the Gotek in the 1011 drive with the circuit board, power connector, and ribbon connector. In simpler terms just disconnect the floppy drive from the unit, and replace with the Gotek drive. This way if you have several Amiga's like I do, you can transport it around to all of them.

Now if you have a PC you can download your ADF's to the PC, transfer them over to the USB thumb drive, and then place the USB thumb drive in your 1011 Gotek and you are ready to play.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better