Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Coldfire Update  (Read 3110 times)

Description:

Offline Peggus

• Show only replies by Peggus
    • http://snow.prohosting.com/vkingboy/
Re: Coldfire Update
« Reply #29 from previous page: June 29, 2003, 07:14:42 AM »
Darrin spewed the following illogic:
I hate to be a party pooper, but after reading your (very nice) website, am I the only one that’s worried that something as wonderful as the Coldfire Project is being developed by a man that doesn’t know the difference between “there” and “their” or “to” and “too”?

Oh for crying out loud!!! That's the worst &@*# logic I've ever heard. Half the engineers I know can't spell correctly if their life depends on it. It doesn't make them bad engineers, just really bad proofreaders.
And the above mentioned mistakes are not that big, He probably just wrote it in a hurry.
Too much caffeine????
There\\\'s no such thing!!!!!!!  :pint:

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by B00tDisk
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2003, 07:21:16 AM »

I hate to be a party pooper, but after reading your (very nice) website, am I the only one that’s worried that something as wonderful as the Coldfire Project is being developed by a man that doesn’t know the difference between “there” and “their” or “to” and “too”?

I know a good grasp of English is no reason to doubt your ability to produce this product, but considering that you are British and that developing a CPU card is no walk in the park (if it was that easy and JoannaK is half as good as she claims she is then she’d have made a working version in her sleep by now and we’d all be using them), I find it hard to believe that you make these basic errors.

Oh do shut up and f**k off, won't you?  How's that for clear english?   :roll:
Back away from the EU-SSR!

Offline B00tDisk

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2003, 07:23:15 AM »
@Kronos:

Now how would that work, exactly?  Would it be a normal PCI slot with leads to the back of the '2000's case or what?

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2003, 03:12:27 PM »
Oh for crying out loud!!! That's the worst &@*# logic I've ever heard. Half the engineers I know can't spell correctly if their life depends on it. It doesn't make them bad engineers, just really bad proofreaders.

This isn't a case of bad spelling - it's a case of not understanding English.  These are the kind of errors I see made by:

1.  The less educated.
2.  People who do not speak English as a first language.
3.  Young children.

Hareware designers tend to be very well educated, plus this guy lives in the UK, plus no-one has actually SEEN a functioning Coldfire...

Yeah, the report could have been made in a hurry and some typos crept in - god knows I make enough of them - but it's a repetitive error.

If the thing is real then I'm buying one, but the classic community has had smoke blown up it's backside before so can you blame me for being suspicious?
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2003, 03:13:39 PM »
Oh do shut up and f**k off, won't you? How's that for clear english?

I don't do requests - especially from lame wankers like you.  Is that clear enough for you?  Prick.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline B00tDisk

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2003, 11:17:38 PM »

I don't do requests - especially from lame wankers like you. Is that clear enough for you? Prick.

You:

"He's made spelling mistakes.  He obviously is trying to rip us off like Mick Tinker, or worse.  I don't trust him."

HOW DOES THIS NOT MAKE YOU THE STUPIDEST SON OF A BITCH ON THE PLANET?

Offline Terminills

• Grand Conspirator
    • Show only replies by Terminills
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2003, 11:29:47 PM »
@Darrin

Hareware designers tend to be very well educated,

Yeah those damned Hareware designers just suck don't they.  :lol:
Support AROS sponsor a developer.

edited by mod: this has been addressed

Offline Roj

• Show only replies by Roj
    • http://amiga.org/modules/mylinks/visit.php?lid=247
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2003, 02:18:07 AM »
If I had to choose between excelling in either English grammar or hardware design, I'd choose hardware in a flash. It would take me less than a year to catch back up on my grammar. About 80% of the native English speakers I know have atrocious grammatical skills. You know what? Who cares? It's somewhat annoying in the magnitude with which it occurs, but it's no measure of anyones ability to get the job done.

...the classic community has had smoke blown up it's backside before...

By the way, the word it's is a contraction for the combination of it and is. The word its is possessive. The classic community has had smoke blown up it is backside? Pot, meet kettle.

Just to keep to the topic, I personally think it would be best to announce products when they're ready and available rather than months/years before they see the light of day. I'd hate to think I got all goosepimply for nothing. :-D
I sold my Amiga for a small fortune, but a part of my soul went with it.

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2003, 03:05:00 AM »
By the way, the word it's is a contraction for the combination of it and is. The word its is possessive. The classic community has had smoke blown up it is backside? Pot, meet kettle.

Now you know why I don't design hardware (or hareware)!!!  ;-)

Offline JoannaK

• Show only replies by JoannaK
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2003, 07:50:21 AM »
Darrin: Not so sure about being anything excellent, but I have made decent living designing these thingies for others some years now. Done various 8 bitters, 68k:s, PPC:s, with SDrams, ethernets, usb, Can-bus  etc. so it's not so mysterious hitec to me.

But I would not start such a project without at least a couple GURU level coders decicated to a lot work ahead. Before even trying to make working card I had started CF-clean exec project on those evakits.. and most likely tried to make first limited emulator testing on them. It is the part where most problems lie. Emulating 68k Supervisor behavour (stack frames on interrupts, traps etc) on another CPU that ain't a bit compatible on those.

Offline Framiga

• Show only replies by Framiga
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2003, 03:43:46 PM »
Poster: Roj Date: 2003/6/30 3:18:07
Just to keep to the topic, I personally think it would be best to announce products when they're ready and available rather than months/years before they see the light of day. I'd hate to think I got all goosepimply for nothing.

Mhhh! so in that way AOne and Pegasos couldn't exists!

We are speaking of a project done by a single  person, not by a "great" Company!

If you like the AmigaColfire Project good, if not . . . . for me it is the same :-)

@Darin

If the thing is real then I'm buying one, but the classic community has had smoke blown up it's backside before so can you blame me for being suspicious?

oh, yes you are free to be suspicious but . . . has someone took money in advance, for this project? . . .not.

Oliver Day, has a well payed job and a hobby: Amiga.

Has Oliver Day take money in advance to support his project? . . not.

So, we can only wait and see what will happens.

Money required=0

Ciao