Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: new ixemul V62.1 for 68k.  (Read 10552 times)

Description:

Offline Fab

• Show all replies
Re: new ixemul V62.1 for 68k.
« on: November 13, 2009, 07:10:51 PM »

I dont know how much MOS libnix is update, is there somewhere a explain of funcs ?.Is there full C99 support ?.
Can with this ffmpeg and ffplay compile with comfigure and make ?

Newer C99 functions aren't all there. But i still compiled ffmpeg and ffplay today to compare behaviour against some mplayer bug. There were only two missing c99 math functions (cbrtf() and some round() variant). It's certainly not rocket science to implement them if they're missing, and a much better idea than using the full blown ixemul just because of that.

Offline Fab

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 11:45:32 PM »
ffmpeg and ffplay aren't up-to-date on MorphOS because we already have up-to-date mencoder and mplayer ports, that are more capable.

Anyway, i ran my compiler today (with libnix), and here's a build from a recent ffmpeg snapshot (less than a week):
http://fabportnawak.free.fr/misc/ffmpeg.lha

To be noted it has altivec (autodetected) and network support (means you can play or encode stream).

Of course, "implementing" these two features wasn't a straight compilation. It took at least 5 minutes. :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 11:47:06 PM by Fab »

Offline Fab

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 01:36:27 PM »
Quote from: bernd_afa;529819
@Fab
Here i get a output what codecs are add in ffmpeg Version from MOS.

http://www.amiga-news.de/de/news/comments/thread/AN-2009-11-00044-DE.html

I do a filecompare with 68k ffmpeg from amistuff and see the MOS Version miss lots libs.so its clear it is smaller.

this libs are add automatic from ffmpeg makefile.

DEA    libamr_nb       libamr-nb Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) Narrow-Band
 DEA    libamr_wb       libamr-wb Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) Wide-Band
  EA    libfaac         libfaac AAC (Advanced Audio Codec)
 D A    libfaad         libfaad AAC (Advanced Audio Codec)
 DEA    libgsm          libgsm GSM
  EA    libmp3lame      libmp3lame MP3 (MPEG audio layer 3)
 D V    libopenjpeg     OpenJPEG based JPEG 2000 decoder
 D A    libspeex        libspeex Speex
  EV    libtheora       libtheora Theora
  EA    libvorbis       libvorbis Vorbis
  EV    libx264         libx264 H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
  EV    libxvid         libxvidcore MPEG-4 part 2

but all in all great what Fab do, get so much codecs work with libnix.
But this show more that Fab is a excellent coder or spend lots time and not that programming or porting for MOS is easy.

I code for amiga because it is not so much work as on windows/Linux to find bugs or program.and a AOS that need more work i dont want.

maybe you can release the source so can see what you change.
also dont forget to add in the next release of ffmpeg to add this 12 libs too in actual version

Remember this was a 5 minutes job, and that i didn't enable external libraries on purpose (most people use mencoder, anyway). For MPlayer and Mencoder, I have these libraries enabled (included libx264 and libxvidcore that also need some additional code for altivec autodetection, for example). But all these libraries mostly straight compile with libnix anyway.

And wtf with tinygl that would be bad because it lacks a function, or a powersdl game that would be bad because it's based on 1.2.6? Not everything requires the very last version to be usable, far from it. And it's way preferrable to have a fast OpenGL subset than a complete but amazingly slow MESA implementation.

Offline Fab

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 01:37:00 PM »
Quote from: bernd_afa;530446
thats really a stupid reason, to do lots work to make a Unix soft working with libnix.and when you accidently destroy userdata by wrong written program is notice soon.

I still ask several times and i still have no link see of ffmpeg for MOS to see how much work it was or where can download a list of functions MOS libnix support.then we can see how much more functions ixemul V62 support.

A good api should always have a list of functions it support when there is no source here so can see in source what functions it support.ANd that a OS need register to download a SDK is also bad.

I told you there was nothing particularly interesting in these changes. Just implemented cbrtf and round and fix some bsdsocket stuff (close->closesocket and ioctl->ioctlsocket).

The list of supported functions is available in the headers and link libs. And the SDK is available for download on morphos-files.net.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 01:55:22 PM by Fab »

Offline Fab

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 09:43:34 PM »
What about downloading the actual SDK instead of VBCC?

And what the f*ck with ixlibrary and shared objects. If you want an unix clone, why don't you switch to the real thing. At least it will work properly.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 09:52:35 PM by Fab »

Offline Fab

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 02:12:37 AM »