Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: new ixemul V62.1 for 68k.  (Read 10497 times)

Description:

Offline Fab

• Show only replies by Fab
Re: new ixemul V62.1 for 68k.
« Reply #89 from previous page: November 20, 2009, 09:43:34 PM »
What about downloading the actual SDK instead of VBCC?

And what the f*ck with ixlibrary and shared objects. If you want an unix clone, why don't you switch to the real thing. At least it will work properly.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 09:52:35 PM by Fab »

Offline bernd_afaTopic starter

• Show only replies by bernd_afa
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2009, 11:30:58 AM »
>What about downloading the actual SDK instead of VBCC?

You mean at this link ?

http://www.morphos-files.net/remote/MorphOS_includes

this i download too, see post of files above

>And what the f*ck with ixlibrary and shared objects. If you want an unix clone, why don't >you switch to the real thing. At least it will work properly.

I avoid long times to use Linux Soft(i begin only in sept 2008 to enhance ixemul and SDL and build new GCC), but if nobody do AOS software, then its better to run that on AOS instead of linux.linux is very complicate to handle and develop.windows is much more easy, but windows progs cant port so easy to AOS and enhance with Features.

also i like to use this linux libraries in amiblitz because i dont like code in C.

On MOS/OS4 there is more than 90% of native Software Linux Ports (please count the programs), without more features as on Linux, but still much software miss here.

So i think its better when it is more easy to Port Unix Software, when nobody write amiga programs that offer the functions.and when ypou can port a linux prog in 1 hour instead of 20 hours, yxou have 19 hours left to add amiga Features to it, or port more.

change to Linux is a no go for me, because i want use dopus magellan as desktop and the amiga dev tools.also i use lots 68k Software and Linux UAE is not so good.

I also want run windows games from time to time.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 11:34:25 AM by bernd_afa »

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2009, 02:05:06 PM »

make a unix lib for MOS seem lots work.

It is basicly the same as in that ixlibrary package you posted above and if you had used it in more complex projects you would know why ixlibraries also need lot of work sometimes ;-)
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2009, 04:05:43 PM »
>It is basicly the same as in that ixlibrary package you posted above and if you had used it >in more complex projects you would know why ixlibraries also need lot of work >sometimes ;-)

ixlibraries are create out of scripts, maybe it fail sometimes, but this can enhance.
I dont know, is there any script on MOS here to make a amiga library automatic ?

Still nobody post a link to full MOS sdk so can see how much and what functions MOS libnix have.so can see whats miss in libnix but ixemul have
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 06:10:29 PM by bernd_afa »

Offline Fab

• Show only replies by Fab
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2009, 02:12:37 AM »

« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2009, 12:37:30 PM »
You mean the libnix update ?
but thats no offical page.

math.h (which contain some C99 funcs) is from 2004 and now 5 years old.In linux land much is enhance in last 5 years.because linux is free linux devs use sooner new features.

also this math.h in MOS seem from ixemul math.h and enhanced, but it still have no full C99 support.but ixemul 68k have this too not, i am too lazy to do that.

When a dev on 68k miss a function in ixemul he report me that and i update it in libc of ixemul.this take normaly not more than 5 days.But if the last update of MOS libnix is years back, so the chances to a full C99 support on libnix look not very good.

What i still not see, how libnix on MOS handle socket for Linux.I see no socket.h file

amiga bsdsockets are lots diffrent to Unix sockets.functions are same but the datatypes are diffrent.

So there need all Unix programs lots change that they work with amiga bsdsocket.
unix sockets or amiga sockets do no speed diffrence, i see with libcurl.

here is declare of Unix socket func bind und send

int     bind __P((int, const struct sockaddr *, int));  
ssize_t send __P((int, const void *, size_t, int));

here is declare of amiga bsdsocket bind send. you see long and int is diffrent, this give compiler errors on more strict compiler settings some programs use.ffmpeg compile for example as default with C99 Compiler flag set and compile correct in this mode with ixemul

#define bind(s, name, namelen) \
   LP3(0x24, LONG, bind, LONG, s, d0, const struct sockaddr *, name, a0, LONG, namelen, d1, \
   , SOCKET_BASE_NAME)

#define send(s, msg, len, flags) \
   LP4(0x42, LONG, send, LONG, s, d0, const UBYTE *, msg, a0, LONG, len, d1, LONG, flags, d2, \
   , SOCKET_BASE_NAME)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 12:41:50 PM by bernd_afa »