Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Public release of MorphOS 3.2  (Read 28798 times)

Description:

Offline pVC

Re: Public release of MorphOS 3.2
« on: June 04, 2013, 05:26:26 PM »
Quote from: billt;736530
Again with the left or right clicking on a Mac. Does MOS follow the ctrl-click for right-click tradition? or is there something different in MOS?

There are many ways to achieve RMB on MorphOS.

Easiest is of course to use any standard USB mouse and that's what sane people do instead of using touchpad ;)

But then other options:

- You can use ramiga+ralt keyboard combination as on any Amiga (rapple+key next to it on PB for example)

- You have configurable options for trackpad. RMB can be achieved with two fingers click or holding two fingers and pressing the one and only button

- You can use ShiftClick commodity provided with the OS. With it you can configure qualifier key which you should hold while pressing the button. Selectable qualifier keys are: left shift, right shift, control, left command, right command, left alt and right alt.

There might be other options too, but these are by default at least :)

Quote from: mykrowyre;736525
AAhhhh that's just embarassing.  I didn't know you could just right click and choose burn.

You could also browse to SYS:Applications/Jalapeno and start the burning software yourself.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 05:55:40 PM by pVC »
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.

Offline pVC

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 04:19:46 PM »
Quote from: gaula92;736892
Just imagine MOS being released on the Raspberry Pi. That's a HUGE opportunity to get a good piece of OS market share!

Uh, no thanks. I don't think we'd need any other Efika like experience anymore. MorphOS is for desktop use and it needs memory nowadays, and reasonable powerful CPU doesn't hurt either.

You just couldn't run for example OWB reasonably with Pi's memory.

Switching from PPC to anything else will be really HUGE job. Unti you can't have much better specced system there isn't any point to talk about it. I'll think Pi's life is over before we could get MorphOS ported to it. I bet it's forgotten soon when you get little more powerful comparable systems available. It just got little hype, but that won't last too long. We'd need long term continuity and availablility for any systems we go. Used Macs have been sold that much during the years, that they are safe bet for now.

Offline pVC

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 09:27:55 AM »
Quote from: jdryyz;736989
Is there going to be an update of the Ultimate.iso for MOS 3.2? Seems my existing iso is saying I do not have MOS installed.

Ultimate has been renamed to Chrysalis. There is 3.2 version of it: http://www.morphzone.org/modules/news/article_storyid_2050.html

Offline pVC

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 03:44:14 PM »
Quote from: hbarcellos;803916
I can't imagine more than a couple copies being sold per month (average)

It's 91 months since MorphOS went commercial and about 3143 registered machines since then.

It makes 34 licenses per month, more than one per day.

And this graph shows that the more there has been supported machines the faster licences have been sold.