Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Port AROS to ARM Phase I - Linux Hosted Bounty Update  (Read 2751 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Port AROS to ARM Phase I - Linux Hosted Bounty Update
« on: November 16, 2010, 05:06:46 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;592230
ARMs are fun :)

I'll have a bash at porting it to my HD2 once the hosted port is finished.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 06:42:01 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;592252
If my arms could talk... :shudder:

Well.... it is Muslim belief that on the day of resurrection even our hands will "bear witness" against/for us. ;)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 06:43:03 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;592251
Pavel is working on an iOS hosted version, which is only really of use to those of us with Apple dev accounts... but still, I will help him with that once he has something working... maybe I'll use some of my Beta test licenses for anyone here who wants AROS on their iPhones :)

Liberate your JesusPhone! :D

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 07:13:24 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;592257
Well, actually iOS is the reason I have an iPhone :) If I wanted to run Linux, I'd get something by HTC.

Bit like with my MBP, I only got it for Logic. Snow Leopard is nice but I run Linux on it for everything else.

I fear for the future of Logic though if His Jobsness kills off OSX with some variant of the iPhone OS. :(

Offline nicholas

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 07:50:32 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;592265
Yeah, I only bought a Mac to run Logic (and to have full firewire on a laptop)... but now I've got used to OSX (and am now comfortable with Obj-C), I have no reason to use anything else :)

I doubt OSX will die, but expect to see the two OSs will merge into a hybrid... Lion gives us a good idea. Which I actually don't fear at all, as I like the iPad/iPhone and OSX :) If I want something less controlled... then it's AROS :lol:

I'm starting to look at alternatives to Logic just in case.

http://www.reaper.fm/