Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AsimCDFS or CacheCDFS or AmiCDFS  (Read 10112 times)

Description:

Offline BozzerBigD

Re: AsimCDFS or CacheCDFS or AmiCDFS
« on: February 06, 2017, 12:27:56 AM »
Quote from: RiP;821567
Which one is better for WB2.1 with SCSI CD drive? :hammer:

AsimCDFS worked great with easy setup for me and helped me to get the CDDA game music to play properly with a supported CD-Rom.
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 01:15:10 AM »
@Matt_H

I second that; a mixer box is required for a A1200 type machine. With big box Amigas the mixer is built in (the sound module on A4000T has custom header but a PC cable will work if the pins are switched), you just need the CDDA cable. Other than that you need to make sure the CD-Rom is a MMC compliant drive and your good to go for Amiga CD games including Napalm, Another World 2, Exodus: The Last War etc! It felt great hearing the Napalm sondtrack for the first time through the Amiga speakers rather than on a CD-player back when I couldn't figure it out :-)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 01:17:22 AM by BozzerBigD »

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 04:00:26 PM »
Quote from: curtis;822328
I'm going to jump here and ask another question.

Where can you download/buy the most recent version of AsimCDFS?

I see aminet has an older version, but would prefer to go with the most recent version.
@curtis

I got a fairly recent release from Softhut in the US shortly before they became an eBay discount merchant ;-) A very worthwhile import along with a MMC compliant slot loading CD-Rom drive :-)

From: http://wikivisually.com/wiki/SCSI_Multimedia_Commands
SCSI Multimedia Commands (MMC) defines a SCSI/ATAPI based command set for accessing multimedia features on devices capable of such functionality. T10 subcommittee is responsible for developing it as well as other SCSI command set standards.