Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What will drive the New Amiga?  (Read 22625 times)

Description:

Offline kognesty

• Show all replies
Re: What will drive the New Amiga?
« on: March 22, 2004, 01:51:23 PM »
I belive this editorial deserves some thought before truely posting a comment but I haven't the time just yet so I'll say this.

Much as Linux took the world by means of simply being hardware independent through massive open source support I feel that the Amiga could find some success through this avenue.  Become hardware independent and easier to install and use with Microsoft (evil idea but Linux still hasn't gotten it through their head they need to do this).

It really wont work as a Hardware thing, the Amiga of old is dead and gone and unique and interesting hardware just wont win without being dirt cheap and easily usable with any kind of software so I think the Amiga community needs to give up on this venture.  When you can buy a cheap Dell for 400 bucks that will do everything one might want, it just isn't worth it to spend a couple thousand for a computer with no software support.

Anyway, this is only a taste of my thoughts and I really enjoyed the article.  I wish the original Amiga had survived, as it was truely an amazing piece of engineering for its time and clearly thinking well outside the box of todays hardware.