Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "New" amiga hardware  (Read 18158 times)

Description:

Offline Darth_X

• Show all replies
Re: "New" amiga hardware
« on: September 05, 2014, 07:36:52 PM »
Quote from: magnetic;771152
Amiwest is about like minded people getting together and having fun. The only place in usa where amigans can get together. News from the show is not important to me especially concerning amiga os as its usually propaganda and nonsense. (such as gallium talk, multi core support, and my ALL TIME FAVORITE the Amiga Laptop "Already running OS4" which was a complete fabrication to dissuade amigans from having an awesome NG amiga laptop with Morphos and powermac)
I picked up a used G4 powerbook for $80 and it runs MorphOS just fine!

My main issue with these *Amigans* is that they seem to want to just suck a lot of money out of the last remaining Amiga fans instead of wanting to build up a new niche market for the Amiga computer platform. There's 7 billion people on this planet, so a happy niche/hobby/etc Amiga platform with 10 million or so people would be totally possible and viable..

They're making computers for the classes, not the masses! Which is completely opposite from the original Commodore & Amiga philosophy.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 07:42:51 PM by Darth_X »

Offline Darth_X

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 08:38:59 AM »
Quote from: wrath of khan;772399
Is this necessarily the reasoning though? Perhaps they simply do not believe. It is imo idealistic to try and bring back the Amiga; but not impossible, I guess, as a niche anyways. It would be done 'for the love of it' though -and not for any grand notions of making lot's of money.

I guess also, that they are not exactly forcing people to buy their hardware, either.
Personally I think we need all hands on deck and so I would not think it sensible to alienate any people active in the amiga hardware scene by implying such things.

I'm hoping the apollo board bears fruit though; I want one.:)

Exacty! Well said. ;-)

Offline Darth_X

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 11:51:22 PM »
Quote from: kickstart;771246
Maybe some people is still waiting for a release of walker.

I want one! Who doesn't want an Amiga in Darth Vader's helmet? ;-)