Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Distribution Licence For Workbench...  (Read 19217 times)

Description:

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show all replies
Re: Distribution Licence For Workbench...
« on: May 03, 2011, 04:27:18 PM »
Quote from: dammy;635120
I'm still wondering who gave you the right to do that?  Now if you can prove in court that AI doesn't own the license to WB/KS and Hyperion's license is null and void, now that would be a horse of a different color.

Seriously, Dammy, give it a rest.  CUSA is selling gangbusters, they'll have their Linux/Workbench spin done in no time, and you can proudly trumpet that their boxes are teh true successors of the Commodoar line.  How's about you leave us old tired farts alone who wish to play with our toys from 1992?

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 05:23:41 PM »
Quote from: dammy;635133
I'm not worried about C=USA, it's Cloanto that has my concern.  Cloanto donated money to TeamAROS (and perhaps to Power2People since they took over TeamAROS bounties) for development of open source software, including the AROS kickstart bounty.  I don't like seeing Cloanto getting screwed for being one of the few commercial companies supporting not only classic Amiga community but AROS community as well.  So no, I'm not going to give it a rest.

So...Cloanto donating money to an OpenSource (Open as in free to download and modify) project affects people downloading original commodore OS how?  Once Aros68k doesn't suck, don't you think people will flock to it?  This isn't about Cloanto or AROS, its about you and Franko.  THAT is what I was inferring by giving it a rest.  Making up some bullshit reason for your Quixotic campaign doesn't change that fact.

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 06:29:19 PM »
This is why Amiga never made it fully into the digital age - once all the amiga users got online, everyone found out what raging douchebags they all were.  Some of you make xboxlive halo players look like intelligent individuals.

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 09:35:50 PM »
Quote from: Franko;635432
Huh... and how else am I supposed to make them available... (your weird)... :)

You host them locally :D

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 09:55:41 PM »
Quote from: Franko;635442
Firstly I haven't a scooby doo about what your saying "geocities" whasat !!!

It was the first 'DIY' style webhosting service around back in the nineties and 2000's.  Think Etsy, but more useless :lol:.  In other words, he was having a go at your web design :D

All files on my my sites have to be downloaded from my account on mediafire as that's the only way it works with sitemaker... :)

The only space I have for storage on my sites is used by any gfx that I have to upload for use on my sites. So I don't see what your point is, I have uploaded them and almost 10,000 other files to mediafire (which my site members have been happily using for quite some time now with no complaints) and made them available to easily find and download... :)

So what is the pointless point your trying to make here... :confused:
He's trying to say that you aren't actually HOSTING the files, you are simply POINTING at them.  It suggests you aren't really the 'offending' party, MediaFire is.

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 11:09:31 PM »
Quote from: koaftder;635486
The stuff going on here today, it's starting to remind me of Usenet.

pot to kettle, there, sonny jim.  You were the one that came a runnin' to squirt yellow water on everyone in the name of god knows what.  Did you get your mad minute? yes? then hows about having a nice cup of shut your man pleaser and sit down.

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 11:14:52 PM »
Quote from: koaftder;635489
Let me guess, you're the gay spammer over at moobunny?

Nice.  I'd say yes, but the IP doesn't lie.  Unless it does. Which it doesn't.

You really have your dog in this fight.  Well, ulcer away, angry redneck.  Ulcer away.

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 12:36:51 AM »
Quote from: koaftder;635516
I like that the site TOS says you can't post warez because I don't want to see the site turn into some shit hole ADF request lamer zone.

I like the TOS because it says you can't swear or make personal attacks...

How much of the TOS have you violated today?

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 01:18:58 AM »
Quote from: koaftder;635530
I have NEVER offered or posted any copyrighted material on this forum. If some folks on the site think it would be awesome to post stuff that has always been against the rules since the inception of the site, then why don't you ask the site owner to change the rule so it will be all official and there will be no need to argue about it.

And while you are at it, perhaps you clean up that potty mouth and keep it civil, since those rules have also been in place since the sites inception, mmkay?