Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Natami on Wikipedia nominated for Deletion  (Read 4571 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: Natami on Wikipedia nominated for Deletion
« on: June 12, 2011, 04:17:47 PM »
How the frig is Wicki an encyclopaedia !!! :confused:

Some pages may contain some facts but plenty of others seem to be nothing more then some anonymous numpties opinons.... :rolleyes:

Even stuff quoted from some big manufacturers contain BS that contradicts each other, talking about pages like where they can't even agree on how to calculate how big a Gigabyte or Terabyte is when it comes to HDs used on an Apple or a PC... :confused:

Wiki may be useful for some things but at the end of the day it's like 90% of stuff on the net ie: mostly opinions slanted in favour of the author... ;)

Anyone who thinks that half the crap they read on the net is the gospel truth and the ultimate answer to their questions needs to put against the wall and shot... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 06:55:36 PM »
Quote from: JimS;644463
I'm with Franko on this one... Wikipedia is fun, but it's hardly a source of Truth. While I'd accept it on trivial matters - anything the least bit controversial is likely to be complete Horse Squeeze.

Natami should stay. The prototypes have been seen by enough people to serve of proof of their existence. As for relevence, there are lots of things on there less relevent... Like the scads of pages regarding the fictional techonolgy and back story of the various sci fi shows. ;-)

Never heard that term before but I like it... :D

(Something new to add my list of alternative meanings for crap... :))

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 10:20:17 PM »
Quote from: Lando;644516
Case in point:

"Hyperion Entertainment was founded in February 2009 after a Belgian lawyer called Benjamin Hermans wondered why no one had ever tried to license PC games to do Amiga ports."

(from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperion_Entertainment)

2009 ? Really?

WOW... when I bought OS4.0 back in 2006 (I think it was) from Hyperion Entertainment I must have imagined it, as we all know Wiki is the source of all facts & truthful knowledge... :lol:

Must have been using this when I bought it... :D
[youtube]76tiTXxjLdA[/youtube]

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 01:29:01 AM »
Hi Smerf... :)

Weeeell... seing as were going down that road then how do we know that's a real pancake on that rabbits napper (could be faked with ImageFX)... :)

So I say it should go and bring back the cute wee Guinea Pig instead cos there's noooo way that was faked in fact I think it was actually a piccy of your goodself after a few too many Jack Daniels... :)

Cheers

Franko