Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best way to archive my floppies  (Read 2439 times)

Description:

Offline Dopuser

• Show all replies
Re: Best way to archive my floppies
« on: August 06, 2007, 10:53:32 PM »
My question becomes, besides archiving them to my HD, or another floppy, what kind of backup media could I use?

If you are familiar with AmigaDOS then just write a some simple script that checks if new floppy is inserted in DF0: and then will carry out conversion to adf/adz onto harddrive... tip: it is quite simply under DOpus Magellan...

Offline Dopuser

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 08:32:39 AM »

TjLaZer wrote:
I use ADF2disk and the GUI on Aminet, works great!

If you have to back-up a few floppies then ADF2disk (or lha, dms) is fine... if you have more than hundred then why not to use power of AmigaDOS ? Script is much more convinient... just put floppy in, script wll detect the change in DF0:, then it will read out the name, then will pack and save as adf with original name... piece of cake... this AmigaOS, gentlemens, not Windows...

Offline Dopuser

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 05:39:42 PM »

madsjm wrote:
Reading the disk name might sound like a good idea, but I think it may introduce more problems than it actually solves.

How long time - you think - it takes to modify script with a some input request like you suggest ? Just:
 "Do you accept the original name: abcd_1 ?"
If you select "no" then input name requester may appear... just me 1 cent more...

Offline Dopuser

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 08:30:10 PM »

madsjm wrote:

I'm just saying I could probably archive 100 floppies before you are finished debugging your script. :-P

The script will take up to 10 lines probably... no big deal... check out medianotify.lha archive from Aminet...