Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PS3 - X-Box 360 - Nintendo Revolution  (Read 10377 times)

Description:

Offline neofree

• Show all replies
Re: PS3 - X-Box 360 - Nintendo Revolution
« on: May 18, 2005, 03:38:50 AM »
The technical winner:  PS3 - best specs

Winner all around: PS3

I wish Nintendo would make a comeback but they dont seem to have the brains with the marketing gimmicks or bad decisions of not supporting this or that.

While Sony definately tries to get involved in all markets they dont try to undermine and destroy their competition like Microsoft does.  This is the #1 reason why I won't buy Microsoft's deal.  #2 is good though, it's technically a lesser unit.

Offline neofree

• Show all replies
Re: PS3 - X-Box 360 - Nintendo Revolution
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 04:24:22 AM »
The best reasons to get a PS2 today are very clear though.

1. More games, and more good ones.  They have the biggest market and will most likely have the most amount of games being developed, and not "just games", but good ones.  I have to say my time spent with my PS2 rival my Commodore/Amiga days.  I could not say that of any other machine until the PS2.  We're finally living in a time where cools things are happening now, like they were in the old days.  In my opinion anyway.  PS2 to me is like the Commodore of today.  Nintendo *was* pretty good too.  Microsoft gives me a hollow empty feeling.  They're about money and power, not about imagination and creativity.

2. Cheaper games.  As with any new system the games are much higher at first. Sure, this will be true of PS3, but I won't be buying one for at least a year anyway until prices come down.  XBos 360 games will cost more. And at the high prices, they just arent worth it. I'd feel so much guilt purchasing the overpriced games to even enjoy them.  I always wait until they are much cheaper.  What's OLD news to the gamers who have to have the latest stuff is the new and awesome to me. :)  Funny how others do this with movies, and I got to see the new movies... :)

Oh and how do you figure a GC is superior?  The PS2 has a higher graphics capabilities and can use DVD format.

Thanks,

Neofree