Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Banned for life from English Amiga Board for NO specified reason - Appeal?  (Read 12943 times)

Description:

Offline miggyretro

Re: Banned for life from English Amiga Board for NO specified reason - Appeal?
« Reply #29 from previous page: November 01, 2023, 09:10:13 PM »
I’ll think about….

Doesn’t give me confidence that if I join again that RetropassionUK doesn’t try and get me banned again for nothing! Or to be Trolled by them and his user fan base  :-[

Offline SpeedGeek

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2023, 01:19:00 PM »
The banned miggyretro account was registered anonymously with a reported location in the UK. So, the EAB moderating staff does not have confidence that you are not Jpor.

All you have is an opportunity to demonstrate otherwise. If your worried about RetropassionUK trying to get you banned again you can register under a different user name. Then after you have demonstrated that your a responsible member, you can request that the name be changed to miggyretro. 

Offline miggyretro

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2023, 09:30:10 PM »
Really!? Seriously? Because I showed up as being in the same country as a banned user = I am that user?

Screw that!

I won’t bother…. Sounds to me that RetropassionUK is lining some Admin pockets with free gifts or something…

What a Joke! I am seriously not the person you claim to be..  ::)

You might as well rename it to RetropassionUK owned forums….

Hope no one else has to go through that.

The following users thanked this post: Boing-ball

Offline miggyretro

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2023, 04:42:10 PM »
Oh and just to confirm that Steve Clifford, RetropassionUK is paying off its admin staff… Check this newly banned member that your Mod/Admin TCD banned because of a back hander….

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=103382

Just proving a point….

The following users thanked this post: Boing-ball

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2023, 07:58:34 PM »
Yep that was me.  >:(

RetropassionUK and his alter ego kin hell were using harassing posts against me. Then when I put in a report to the EAB (Corrupt?) Admins I get perma-Banned with no reason whatsoever.

I went out of my to message each of the Admins to just get the “I don’t want to know” treatment.

Looking as a guest on the EAB forum, it looks like admin TCD has also wiped all of my posts and responses? Why? As a lot of them were useful as I was helping others as well as asking Amiga questions.  8) It appears TCD has had a back hander (Allegedly)  off Steve Clifford.

All you can now see is a post about Steve Clifford over stating his power and showing truly who he is on there… oh well….

The following users thanked this post: miggyretro

Offline miggyretro

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2023, 08:59:09 AM »
Sorry that happened to you Boing-ball. I only lasted a couple of hours before I just kicked off…
A lesson learnt.

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2023, 11:07:38 AM »
Just to prove a point I was providing knowledge sharing and help to the Amiga Community

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=115590&page=2

Tsk…Tsk.. EAB admins…

Offline Conehead

• Show only replies by Conehead
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2023, 01:27:20 PM »
Just joined as a new member on here after finding this post on a Google search.

Back story. Tried a couple of times to register over on EAB, for some reason my username kept disappearing and had to re register. After a couple of attempts contacted the EAB admins on E-mail. Then miraculously my login worked. Waited a couple of weeks to get activated.
Anyway, posted a couple of things in the EAB forums for the last couple of days (No hate sleach or rule breaking etc. As per their rules), come to login again and I have message about being banned! No reason given, just a permanent ban?

WTF is going on? Any EAB admins on here to give me a clue why I was banned? What rule did I break to have a permanent ban without reason?

Offline Jose

• Show only replies by Jose
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2023, 07:41:04 PM »
I don't know any of the involved but having just checked their TOS I have to say the listed reasons for banning members or posts and threads are pretty woke to the extreme, specially considering we've never had any such problems in the amiga community. Maybe at the joke level, I guess some people confuse jokes with reality... And I guess that's the kind of stuff that's been going on in the Uk even with laws they've passed somewhat recently. There's even been people arrested in their own home in front of their children for pretty innocent posts on social media regarding their opinions about certain gender theories that are being forced on everyone on western countries nowadays.... My suggestion ? Don't post there... Amiga.Org is on the USA and there's still the 1st amendment, although the moderation will depend on the owners of course.. I predict if these tendencies get worse most forums will just ban certain topics, which is pretty much what's been happening already on other forums regarding other stuff (vintage electronics, audio related etc...) and it's a pretty coward attitude if you ask me...
I haven't posted in here in a long time, I just never liked the way the new amiga.org was organized, I much prefer a front page like amigaworld.net. And regarding amigaworld.net I'm impressed with the level of no banns given some of the wars that go in there sometimes... Amigaworld.net is ironically UK based AFAIK. There's some good old users left, Karlos seems to be active there again, and some coders still go there, so it's not totally lost it's quality although it's lower than it used to....
I don't know about A.Org, haven't been here in a while and just stumbled in here by accident.... Maybe it's as good....
I'll just finish by saying, if this insanity goes on there will be sites that probably won't operate in the EU anymore... Just use a VPN or Tor if you're on such a place I guess.
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

Offline FoebaneTopic starter

• Show only replies by Foebane
If these arbitrary bans keep happening at EAB, then maybe Toni Wilen should be a Developer Admin someplace else. Otherwise, it's just an elitist club for Amiga fans who don't rock the boat. I just think it's aggravating that I can't even contact him, all I can do is to lurk around his section of EAB and hope someone posts with similar issues to me.

Offline Boing-ball

YHPM 👍🏻