Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: UFO: ENEMY UNKNOWN AGA WHDload  (Read 1243 times)

Description:

Offline PainkillerTopic starter

• Show only replies by Painkiller
UFO: ENEMY UNKNOWN AGA WHDload
« on: December 27, 2008, 06:14:32 PM »
Hi,
I just got UFO:Enemy Unknown AGA from my friend and decided to install it on my WinUAE -> AmigaSYS 4 configuration. The game starts and all is fine, but I can not save nor get to missions. If I start a mission all I get is black screen same with saving :(

I would have loved to start this game, since left hand thumb is broken and I can't use my competition pro :(

All these holidays and no play makes Painkiller a dull boy...

Oh well installed the game with its own installer and now it seems to be working like a charm. Odd that WHDLoad installer can screw it up like that :( Weren't they supposed to fix things :)

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
Re: UFO: ENEMY UNKNOWN AGA WHDload
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 09:10:43 PM »
Don't forget that WHDLoad scripts sometimes usually need a specific version of a game to work, so cracked versions usually won't install (unless the script is for the cracked version) and even different releases can cause failures.

Personally, I play X-Com on my A4000 from the normal Hard Drive installation, but using a set of cracked disks made from some ADFs as I can't find my manual to use my original disks.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.