Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: -Apologies in advance- Does anyone here know...  (Read 5789 times)

Description:

Offline GryfonTopic starter

-Apologies in advance- Does anyone here know...
« on: January 18, 2019, 04:27:18 PM »
...someone, or a way to contact someone admin-level, at the amigaworld.net forums?

I cannot recover my forum account there, the staff@amigaworld.net email address bounces back "address not found" and I cannot find any info on an alternative email address or method to use to ask a moderator or admin for help.

Hope someone here can point me in the right direction - perhaps a mod posts here at amiga.org who I can PM?

Thanks!

Roy
\\"We should take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.\\" Ripley, Aliens

Offline clint

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by clint
Re: -Apologies in advance- Does anyone here know...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 01:25:46 PM »
Try this david@amigaworld.net he may then forward it to the right person

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 08:56:01 AM »
Thank you very much.
\\"We should take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.\\" Ripley, Aliens

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 11:03:54 AM »
Unfortunately that email address also failed with a that address not found or unavailable are the destination. Can anyone else suggest someone to contact?  Or let someone there know I’m trying to reach them?

Thank you

Offline clint

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 11:38:24 AM »
Hi again. something I have spotted on the site. If you look at where it says 'Information' click on 'About Us' this brings up a page with the team on it with 'Send a PM' next to each name.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 07:55:35 PM »
Hi there,

Thanks for the advice - unfortunately that feature requires you to be logged in.

I can’t login which is the basis of my problem.

Thanks anyway!

Offline clint

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 01:07:41 PM »
Hi Gryfon

Have you seen this announcement?

https://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=8297

NOTICE TO ALL USERS: Update Your Account Password

ALL USERS PLEASE READ IN FULL - IMPORTANT SITE INFORMATION

It has recently been reported by a dozen users here that they have received spam emails citing their actual password and names and trying to exhort bitcoin payment from them.

Some of these passwords in the spam email are the same as used here for their AmigaWorld user account login.

Our System Administrator has checked the AmigaWorld.net server and so far found no evidence of a data breach. However, despite the high standards are security for the AmigaWorld.net server, we are continuing to take these reports very seriously and have already put in process some measures to enhance security.

The password database encryption has been updated. When any user logs in next, you will receive a brief message confirming that your password has been updated to the higher level of encryption.

Additionally we will be introducing a new mandatory standard for passwords shortly:

- minimum of one upper case character
- minimum of one number
- minimum of eight characters

It is come to our attention that some users here have not upgraded their password in many years.

We would ask all users to do the following with immediate effect:

* change your password immediately to the new standard above
* select a secure password that is truly unique to AmigaWorld.net - do not reuse password previously/currently used on other websites.

Any questions or reports should be made privacy@a-eon.co.uk as per this websites privacy policy.

If that does not work for you the only other thing I can suggest is that you register as a new user then you may be able to contact someone on that list and explain your situation regarding your old one.

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 01:56:29 PM »
Hi Clint,

Thanks for the heads-up - I did see that post in my investigations into resetting my account.

I ended up using a difference email address to create a temp account to PM one of the admins and they reset the password of my old account for me.

I've since set a new (never before used) password in line with that warning.

Thanks for all your advice.

Roy

Offline clint

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 10:08:48 AM »
Glad to hear you have sorted it out.