Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: apple great desing  (Read 10757 times)

Description:

Offline zylesea

• Show all replies
    • http://www.via-altera.de
Re: apple great desing
« on: September 18, 2012, 10:04:25 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;708572
Sorry to break it to you guys but i am seriously comtemplating buying an iphone5 next week when they come out. My reasons are:

1 - I need a new phone. My Blackberry is about shot. It is 2G internet only (useless for internet), crap reception, broken buttons, cracked screen, annoying design flaws, Etc.

2 - I have decided on either a Samsung Galaxy s3 or an iphone5. Tough one. But i think i am leaning over to the iphone. Here's why:

I'm sick of everybody dissing Apple for everything. Today i watched on Youtube comparisons between the Galaxy 3 and the iphone 4s and then read the comments below. It's all filled with hate comments against Apple. I can't decide who is worse, the Apple fanbhoys or the haters? I think at the moment there are definitely more haters than lovers of Apple. If you ask me it's getting a little tiresome. Mention Apple then the haters come flying in from all directions with abuse at the mere mention of Apple. I dislike Apple as much as any hater but and i am going to get the iphone just to annoy the haters. They are starting to get on my nerves  :rant:

I'd wait for release of the Nokia Lumia 920. From what I've seen I think WP8 seems rather good (who thought that I would ever say so...) and you don't need to do everything via the cloud (local sync, local apps), the cam is probaly pretty good and if you happen to live in an area where it isn't always warm it will be a huge plus that you actually will be able to use the touchsreen with gloves. And I like the fresh colours.

On the end of day it will not matter anyway which one you'll get, they are all working.

Offline zylesea

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 12:30:35 AM »
Quote from: persia;708693
Yep, it's virtually impossible to buy a bit of tech gear that doesn't have some foxconn connection.
That was one of those things I really liked on the bplan ppc hardware - it was made in Germany. Probably that would have changed if only production runs would have been bigger. But as they were these boards were products made a few kilometers away from me.

Offline zylesea

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 10:35:51 PM »
Quote from: persia;708826
It will be interesting to see what Windows 8 brings to the post pc world.
Actualy I think W8 will be quite a success. Metro seems strange to many ppl on first sight, but the thing is Metro !=W8. Metro is part of W8 on normal computers you can always switch to the usual W7 alike environement.
I was working on something like Metro for my Efika pictureframe long ago (spend not too much work on that and came not very far). A simple interface to do most things conveniently and just switch to the full blown desktop when necessary. I think that aproach is a rather good one. Providing something simple, but don't restrict it to that.

For phones I already said I would not be too surprised if Nokia will make a comeback over the coming year or two. They build quality and have enough experience with phones. Of course it is sad they don't follow the Symbian and MeeGoo route any more, but the hardware and apps by Nokia will probably stay good.

And in the end of day it doesn't matter too much if it's an iOS, Android or WP8 phone - they are all pretty good. Heck, even my simple S60 phone does most the stuff I want it to do - albeit this device is really far from being perfect. But it works, and honestly if I got a replacement phone that would be no necessity but pure luxury.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 10:40:43 PM by zylesea »

Offline zylesea

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 10:41:41 PM »
Quote from: persia;709538

I hope that doesn't happen, but for the first time in years I can't say with any certainty what brand my next phone will be....

I tell you - Nokia. ;-)

Honestly: it's really not sure Nokia will make a comeback, but I guess chances are not too bad they may become the winning third.