Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Though Shalt Not Update Driver, thus spoke winblows.  (Read 1739 times)

Description:

Offline N7VQM

• Show only replies by N7VQM
Re: Though Shalt Not Update Driver, thus spoke winblows.
« Reply #14 from previous page: September 11, 2003, 09:50:08 AM »

levelLORD wrote:

Isn't that a fresh instalation of WinXP? ;)

An ATI driver was present in my system when I first installed WinXP.  Maybe that doesn't apply to non-SP1-patched WinXP install discs?
\\"...an error of 1 is much less significant in counting the population of the Earth than in counting the occupants of a phone booth.\\" - Michael T. Heath, Scientific Computing...

Offline Mad-Matt

• Show only replies by Mad-Matt
    • http://www.madmatt.cjb.net
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2003, 10:25:14 AM »
You must be really sickened to find out that the dx9 support in the gf-fx series is pretty crap compared the latest radeons  ;)  ATI Drivers have come along way since they started the catalyst series of drivers. There not perfect but then youd probably see no more driver development if they were ;)

NVidia drivers arnt impressing anyone anymore and comming up with silly little problems like the ati drivers get.

Offline levelLORD

• Show only replies by levelLORD
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2003, 11:08:35 AM »

N7VQM wrote:
An ATI driver was present in my system when I first installed WinXP.  Maybe that doesn't apply to non-SP1-patched WinXP install discs?

Huh? Sorry, I didn't follow completely what he said about that installation. I hope he didn't just reinstall Windows over the old one. That drivers are Microsoft drivers which are coming with Win, so they should not be a problem. Just switching to standard 640x480 shuld be fine, maybe not even that. Anyways, that is a crappiest Win ever (WinXP), except WinMe, IMHO, so we even don't need to talk about WinXP in Amiga forum. :)

Later,

levelLORD

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show only replies by that_punk_guy
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2003, 12:04:26 PM »
I don't really see a probem with people discussing Windows problems on here. As Amiga users we share a common viewpoint on computing and I think that helps. It's better to come here and ask friendly people about a problem than go to a PC forum where everyone just laughs and tells you to turn Microsoft's spyware back on...

Offline mikeymike

• Show only replies by mikeymike
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2003, 12:13:34 PM »
Moved to 'Alternative Operating Systems' :-)

@ that_punk_guy

:-D

Offline Casper

• Show only replies by Casper
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2003, 12:16:27 PM »
@XDelusion
Are you sure that you haven't somehow set up Win XP to reject unsigned drivers?

You can check the setting by going to the control panel, clicking on system,  selecting the Hardware tab and then clicking on the driver signing button.